Any left over take off "left hand" XT or XTR shifters?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any left over take off "left hand" XT or XTR shifters?

Just reaching out to see if anyone has any leftover shifters for the front chainrings. XT or XTR left hand 2 or 3 speed. My new bike currently has an older XTR unit, but I can't get it it aligned properly with ideal location of he brake levers. The body is too big and clamp does not move it low enough. I could by new, but given the trends to 1x setup some of you may have front shifter just laying around you don't use any more. So good to try here first.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

The .05 percent
    pretty sure I have an XT one...
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    Just reaching out to see if anyone has any leftover shifters for the front chainrings. XT or XTR left hand 2 or 3 speed. My new bike currently has an older XTR unit, but I can't get it it aligned properly with ideal location of he brake levers. The body is too big and clamp does not move it low enough. I could by new, but given the trends to 1x setup some of you may have front shifter just laying around you don't use any more. So good to try here first.
    This is why dog invented single speeds.

(I had to get it out of my system. I've been pent up for way too long.)
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    pretty sure I have an XT one...
    PM Sent.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post

I still might make this bike a Singlespeed. Not ready to do that yet, but I have been considering a 1x11 setup on this with the idea of quick convert to SS with a different rear wheel using an eccentric hub. This way with minimal work I can swap between the 1x11 and 1x1. However until I decide I want to keep my 3x9 active on this. Alot depends on if I want still get a 4" FS 29er or just ride the HT 29er.
    Joe

Ahhh the pain....
    I still might make this bike a Singlespeed. Not ready to do that yet, but I have been considering a 1x11 setup on this with the idea of quick convert to SS with a different rear wheel using an eccentric hub. This way with minimal work I can swap between the 1x11 and 1x1. However until I decide I want to keep my 3x9 active on this. Alot depends on if I want still get a 4" FS 29er or just ride the HT 29er.
    I'm a little biased of course but I think to really get a fs bike for xc that gives you an edge over a hardtail, you'll have to get a carbon ride with some spendy components. That being the case, it'll be expensive to maintain with pivot bearings, drivetrain wear etc. Just all depends on how much cash you wanna spend... Personally, rolling stuff like br and Sonoran on a rigid ss is not only fun, but extremely cost effective!

mtbr member
    $40 for a RaceFace front ring and $80 for a UneUp 42t unit and you'll forget that front derailleurs even exist.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    I... Personally, rolling stuff like br and Sonoran on a rigid ss is not only fun, but extremely cost effective!
    This is why I picked up this Santa Cruz Highball. I do like a HT and for these areas a FS bike is way overkill. Still a nice 5k FS ride might be perfect for really long stuff like Picketpost Punshier, etc. Not really sure yet as this 29er really seems to take the edge off and really transfers power well. Have not had time to take it on long ride yet to see how it does. I might get lucky and not need FS bike at all.
    Joe

Ahhh the pain....
    This is why I picked up this Santa Cruz Highball. I do like a HT and for these areas a FS bike is way overkill. Still a nice 5k FS ride might be perfect for really long stuff like Picketpost Punshier, etc. Not really sure yet as this 29er really seems to take the edge off and really transfers power well. Have not had time to take it on long ride yet to see how it does. I might get lucky and not need FS bike at all.
    Personally, I don't think anyone "NEEDS" a FS....The bike industry has done a great job convincing us we need them.
    Man, I love to spend $ on bikes, but I can't justify spending $5k on a bike I'd ride on average 10-20x a year...plus the fact that all that squish and gears cost time and money to maintain. Sure that FS might make you a little faster on some downhills, but there's so much other speed to be gained from better fitness and bike handling (that cost you $0). Plenty of guys we know sitting atop leaderboards (Strava ones and Race ones) riding hardtails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post

This guy invented single speeds ???

Any left over take off "left hand" XT or XTR shifters?-dog-bounty-hunter-screen-shot.jpg