mtbr member

Any LBS in Phoenix have 26"x2.3- 2.5" tubes with presta valves in stock?

title says it all.

Click Click Click
    Sounds like a great time to go tubeless... Honestly, I don't know how anyone rides out here with tubes.
    "You either want to or you don't."

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdennis View Post
    Sounds like a great time to go tubeless... Honestly, I don't know how anyone rides out here with tubes.
    They go in the tire.....=0}

Give it a crank
    Try Performance Bikes, they carry 26", 27.5", and 29" tubes in various width for both valve types. If you can't find them, try Q-Tubes online.

I've been using tubes since giving up on ghetto tubeless 2 years ago. I only got tubes to work right after the right Slime formula came along a few years ago. The new stuff really works. That's how I roll with tubes, but I roll slower than those endurance maniacs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdennis View Post
    I have been riding with tubes lately as sort of really getto tubed... I take standard Tubes, pop hole in them and put in 2oz of stans. I then patch the hole and run those. Seems to work reasonably well. I can't take credit for this idea that goes to Raybum.

I buy most tubes on line, but performance has them and so does REI. BTW.. I run 26x2.4 rear tire and have not found any difference between normal 1.9 to 2.1 tubes and 2.3 to 2.5 tubes in these tires.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Joe, are you running presta or schrader? If presta, you can find tubes that have removable cores so that you can put your stans in that way instead of putting a deliberate hole in the tube.

Click Click Click
    Also, if your rims are drilled for schrader and you want to run presta you can get one of these bad boys (cheap)... and run presta tubes...

presta adapter nut and presta valve in schrader rim | Bike Tinker
    Panaracer Adapter Nut Converts Schrader Rim to Presta Valve Stem 2 Pack PV 2pk | eBay
    "You either want to or you don't."

mtbr member
    I have found 2.4"-2.7" tubes at Sports Chalet for around $9.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmike2112 View Post
    Joe, are you running presta or schrader? If presta, you can find tubes that have removable cores so that you can put your stans in that way instead of putting a deliberate hole in the tube.
    Presta, but I have supply of tubes laying around so I just re-use those. All of those already have 1 or more patches and I think I have couple clean fresh tubes too.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    I have been riding with tubes lately as sort of really getto tubed... I take standard Tubes, pop hole in them and put in 2oz of stans. I then patch the hole and run those. Seems to work reasonably well. I can't take credit for this idea that goes to Raybum.

I buy most tubes on line, but performance has them and so does REI. BTW.. I run 26x2.4 rear tire and have not found any difference between normal 1.9 to 2.1 tubes and 2.3 to 2.5 tubes in these tires.

Landis has those tubes in stock, but you know you dont have to pop a hole in the tube, you kind of defeat the purpose of putting a new tube in that way, you can fill the presta tube with stans without a removable valve core, you unscrew the presta tip and hold the needle from falling into the tube then pour the stans in.