Any info on surrounding Phoenix Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

... and if we just ... Any info on surrounding Phoenix Trails

Hello all,

My brother recently moved to Phoenix and I am planning a road trip soon. Of course I will be taking my bike. Does any one have any suggestions on any good trails in the area. I am also looking for a good, local to Phoenix, message board to possibly meet up with some locals for a ride when I get there. Any suggestions and or links to good sites appreciated.

Sprocket
    Austin, TX

Fragile - must be Italian

You found it

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocketty
    Hello all,

My brother recently moved to Phoenix and I am planning a road trip soon. Of course I will be taking my bike. Does any one have any suggestions on any good trails in the area. I am also looking for a good, local to Phoenix, message board to possibly meet up with some locals for a ride when I get there. Any suggestions and or links to good sites appreciated.

Sprocket
    Austin, TX
    This is as good a place as any to meet local fanatics who will show you around the area. There are some other local bike clubs that have message boards, but I don't belong to any of them.

Anyway, where exactly in Phoenix does your brother live? This is a huge place, so recommendations will vary depending on what part of the metro area he lives in.

I live on the east side of the city and recommend the following trails:

1) Phoenix Mountain Preserve trail system -- Trail 100, Trail 1a, Trail 202. These trails cover a wide type of terrain, from fast hardpack to rock gardens to some steep stuff.
    2) McDowell Mountain trails -- Pemberton loop, Sport/Tech/Long loops. These are fast and fun.
    3) South Mountain part -- all sorts of great trails here with varying degrees of severity to meet any type of riding you want to do (Desert Classic, Mormon, National)
    4) Pima/Dynamite -- all sorts of loops to get lost on. These trails are fast.
    5) Hawes -- probably some of the best scenery around. And the trails are about as fun as can be.

As I said before, all of these rides are in the east valley. If your brother lives anywhere on the west side, these can be a long drive to get to. There are some rides on the west side of town but I never venture that far.

Thx...Doug

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the info. Not sure exactly what part he lives in. I have not been out that way yet.

I think I need to Upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocketty
    Thanks for the info. Not sure exactly what part he lives in. I have not been out that way yet.
    If you post up some cross roads or something like that we can give you better reccomdations, even exact directions to the trails, just let us know.