Any good rides going on in Phx this weekend?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563

    Any good rides going on in Phx this weekend?

    I gotta stay relatively close to town and was gonna do a long T100-ish ride but I did that ride yesterday so I'm leaning towards SoMo. Anyone else up for SoMo early Sat or Sun morn or got another good ride I can tag along on? I was thinking either Nat'l, Telegraph, DC or Nat'l, Kwanis and either back up the road and back down Nat'l or back on the canals if it's getting late.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  2. #2
    Skinny legged XC geek
    Reputation: pedalAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    247

    I'm game for something

    Quote Originally Posted by crash test dummy
    I gotta stay relatively close to town and was gonna do a long T100-ish ride but I did that ride yesterday so I'm leaning towards SoMo. Anyone else up for SoMo early Sat or Sun morn or got another good ride I can tag along on? I was thinking either Nat'l, Telegraph, DC or Nat'l, Kwanis and either back up the road and back down Nat'l or back on the canals if it's getting late.
    Either day looks OK right now.

  3. #3
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563

    Cool beans

    Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    Either day looks OK right now.
    Lets see if we get any other replies before we try to nail something down. I'm inclined towards Sat but Sun works too.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  4. #4
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    Either day looks OK right now.
    Looks like a decent group of folks are headed to Globe for the last run of the season so lets go ahead and plan something. Let me suggest Sat at 6:30 Pima Canyon ramadas and a good old nat'l, telegraph, dc loop - we could always ride it backwards and come down natl'l too....whaddya think?
    Skinny Tire - you in? Gotta get that Chineese smog outta your lungs...
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  5. #5
    MTBR Tool
    Reputation: Srexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    831
    Very tempting - I have a tentative date at Pima/Dynamite on Saturday but in all honesty would much rather join you guys. Keep us posted as to what day you're going.

  6. #6
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    Either day looks OK right now.
    You still interested?
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  7. #7
    Skinny legged XC geek
    Reputation: pedalAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    247

    Yes I am

    Quote Originally Posted by crash test dummy
    You still interested?
    Still good for me tomorrow morning, 6:30 at the Pima Canyon ramadas.

    Will we be crossing any ranch properties????

  8. #8
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ

    Will we be crossing any ranch properties????
    Naw but I was thinking if we can scrape together a few million we could buy somt Trust land and open a cow AND mtb ranch to show how the two worlds can co-exist. Team roping on bikes - now there's a sport I'd watch.....
    See ya at 6:30 - what are you driving?
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  9. #9
    Skinny legged XC geek
    Reputation: pedalAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    247

    Bronze Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by crash test dummy
    Naw but I was thinking if we can scrape together a few million we could buy somt Trust land and open a cow AND mtb ranch to show how the two worlds can co-exist. Team roping on bikes - now there's a sport I'd watch.....
    See ya at 6:30 - what are you driving?
    license PEDALAZ

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Just remember, Scott is a Cardinal. 'Nuff said.

  11. #11
    Saucy Size
    Reputation: Paul B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Just remember, Scott is a Cardinal. 'Nuff said.
    And all this time I thought he was a bishop.

    p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

  12. #12
    MTBR Tool
    Reputation: Srexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    831

    Reluctantly - I think I will be there also

    Damnit - my new road bike is just begging to be ridden tomorrow but the only organised ride I know of is w/the BOS guys who are probably a bit too hardcore for me. That only leaves the Bicycle Showcase Pro-Con ride on Sunday.

    Blue Passat wagon w/Yakima racks. Will post up tonight to confirm one way or another.

  13. #13
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Srexy
    Damnit - my new road bike is just begging to be ridden tomorrow but the only organised ride I know of is w/the BOS guys who are probably a bit too hardcore for me. That only leaves the Bicycle Showcase Pro-Con ride on Sunday.

    Blue Passat wagon w/Yakima racks. Will post up tonight to confirm one way or another.
    Reluctantly? Sheesh - you sure know how to make a guy feel wanted
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  14. #14
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563

    check mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    And all this time I thought he was a bishop.

    p.
    You guys are making me feel like a pawn
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  15. #15
    Ouch, I am hot!
    Reputation: Dirdir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,764

    How Long Does This Ride Usually Take

    Assuming no mechanicals and not going all out. I don't think I can make it Saturday because I may need to take my daughter to a birthday party and need to be in the parking lot and on my way home by 10:00, but I may do this ride Sunday on my own and am wondering how long it can take.
    I AM JUST A JERK

  16. #16
    Skinny legged XC geek
    Reputation: pedalAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    247

    10:00 should work

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Assuming no mechanicals and not going all out. I don't think I can make it Saturday because I may need to take my daughter to a birthday party and need to be in the parking lot and on my way home by 10:00, but I may do this ride Sunday on my own and am wondering how long it can take.
    but doesn't leave much margin for mishaps.

  17. #17
    Saucy Size
    Reputation: Paul B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    but doesn't leave much margin for mishaps.
    Hey...no appearance in Globe on Sunday?

    p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

  18. #18
    Skinny legged XC geek
    Reputation: pedalAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    247

    No, can't do it this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Hey...no appearance in Globe on Sunday?

    p.
    I've got stuff going on early Saturday evening and late Sunday afternoon such that I can't afford to get back unexpectedly late from a Globe or Prescott mission.

  19. #19
    MTBR Tool
    Reputation: Srexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    831

    Shaved legdom can wait!

    This Roadie Beastie will just have to wait until Sunday. The call of the wild must be answered first!

    Yes, yes - I know it's only a Supergo house-brand bike but to me it's a bloody Rolls-Royce! Especially when compared to my Reynolds 531 Holdsworth roadie bast**d which still has the Simplex downtube shifters on it

    See you guys at the nun's crack tomorrow...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #20
    MTBR Tool
    Reputation: Srexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    831
    Great ride today - thanks to you both for introducing me to the Telegraph trail and a part of National that I had never done.

    Don't know who mentioned mechanicals but between Yuri's magic Eggbeater trick, Scott's ghost-shifting and Yuri's and my flats we definitely had our fair share. Still managed to make it back to Pima Canyon by about 10:15 tho.

    Absolutely knackered now (7:00pm) but in that good way that only results from a hard day on the trails or ski-slopes.

    Hope the Honey-dos weren't too strenuous for you Yuri! My other half subjected me to the mall for 3hrs but it's no bother - I'm building credit towards a bike purchase that she doesn't know about yet

  21. #21
    Skinny legged XC geek
    Reputation: pedalAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    247

    Wanker

    I know that's a derogatory appellation in your homeland, but I mean it in the most flattering way. You were a technical god on National and a sick cardio geek on the way home on Desert Classic. Can't wait to ride with you and Uri (Yuri, Youri, whatever) again.

    In my wine haze, I scoff at the fools who get up early enough to ride Globe tomorrow!!!

  22. #22
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Srexy

    Hope the Honey-dos weren't too strenuous for you Yuri! My other half subjected me to the mall for 3hrs but it's no bother - I'm building credit towards a bike purchase that she doesn't know about yet
    Well I survived cooking for 20 people and i'd take that over 3 hour in the mall anyday - just need to convince the wife that she owes me now.... Good riding with ya and gotta say you've got some awesome technical skills. Hope you enjoyed the new dark side ride.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by crash test dummy
    Well I survived cooking for 20 people and i'd take that over 3 hour in the mall anyday - just need to convince the wife that she owes me now.... Good riding with ya and gotta say you've got some awesome technical skills. Hope you enjoyed the new dark side ride.

    Did you guys ride up past Buena Vista to Telegraph and down to DC back to Pima Canyon?

    Did you know you can keep going on National all the way to about 67th Ave? The trail picks up after the guardrail at Telegraph and continues on from there. You wind up at the road on the 'other' side of the mountain. From there just take Baseline and the canal back to the Pointe and up and over back to PC. Its one heck of a ride!

  24. #24
    Skinny legged XC geek
    Reputation: pedalAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    247

    Didn't have time for that version

    Quote Originally Posted by funboarder1971
    Did you guys ride up past Buena Vista to Telegraph and down to DC back to Pima Canyon?

    Did you know you can keep going on National all the way to about 67th Ave? The trail picks up after the guardrail at Telegraph and continues on from there. You wind up at the road on the 'other' side of the mountain. From there just take Baseline and the canal back to the Pointe and up and over back to PC. Its one heck of a ride!
    Had to be finished riding by 10. With flats and our other odd mechanicals, we just made it.

Similar Threads

  1. Any rides in Central NJ this weekend?
    By srlai001 in forum New York - New Jersey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 08:13 AM
  2. this will be a very good weekend.
    By eSSq in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:03 PM
  3. AZSF04 Spring Fling Pre-Gathering Organization thread
    By AZ Mikey in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 06:15 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 02:10 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 07:35 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.