Any AZ Riders on Yeti AS-X?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Any AZ Riders on Yeti AS-X?

Considering one of these and want opinions. Can you climb up hills with it and what is a true weight for an average build?? Any usefull input appreciated.

trail "cleaner"
    Jan 2004

paging AZmikey!!

Quote Originally Posted by tls36
    Considering one of these and want opinions. Can you climb up hills with it and what is a true weight for an average build?? Any usefull input appreciated.
    You might want to PM AZMikey. He's got one.

mtbr member

got one

totally an under-rated bike. climbs great, descends great. builds usually come in 32-38lbs depends on how you build it. build it to huck and it is going to be heavy. build it with air shocks front and rear and I have seen them hit the sub 30lb mark. Mine is a medium, if you want a real world test ride, shoot me an e-mail your welcome to try it out. Mine is pretty FR built with a Sherman, med weight wheels and semi DH tires it is about 33-34lbs.
    spjauditgroup@hotmail.com

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeduke
    totally an under-rated bike. climbs great, descends great. builds usually come in 32-38lbs depends on how you build it. build it to huck and it is going to be heavy. build it with air shocks front and rear and I have seen them hit the sub 30lb mark. Mine is a medium, if you want a real world test ride, shoot me an e-mail your welcome to try it out. Mine is pretty FR built with a Sherman, med weight wheels and semi DH tires it is about 33-34lbs.
    spjauditgroup@hotmail.com
    I concur with lukeduke, the AS-X is a fun bike. Climbing is definitely more work on a bike this hefty, I climb all of the same stuff as on my XC bike, I just climb slower. When descending it's very stable and inspires lots of confidence.

Mine is a stock build (Fox 36 vanilla fork and a coil DHX 5 shock) with the exception of the tires, which I recently changed to a Nevegal in the rear and a Blue groove up front. I'd guess that it weighs about 35-36 lbs right now. It could be built much lighter than what I run, but that would cost more $$.

Members who have read this thread: 0