Another new guy!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Another new guy!

Just started getting into mountain biking (been riding road for a year and a half) and wanted to introduce myself, and look forward to running into folks on the trail!

Still getting the bike tweaked a bit for me (and working on replacing the rear shock - I ended up with a POS on it... but should have a newer DHX 5.0 soon as I hear from the guy to pick it up)

Bike is a Specialized Enduro - but - setup with a slightly shorter rear shock and a Fox 32 fork instead of what would have come on it (Fox 36) and Shimano XT components.

I'm right in Ahwatukee - and about 1/2 mile from the Pima Canyon trailhead!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Welcome to the better side of biking!

Shred...it's the new drug
    I'm right around the corner from you. See you out on the trails sometime. If I'm on DC I'm riding a rigid Soul Cycles 9r and on national a soon to be built up Cove G-spot. Having Somo as your back yard is sweet!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootie Tang
    looks like a perfect fit! great seat angle for getting gnar!
    Naw....needs to be higher. Much easier to sail right over the bars..... Although with those pedals (like mine) when I went OTB( I hit the trunk of an infant Palo Verde tree juuuuuuuuuust off the trail), I think I stayed clipped in until my head impacted the ground.

Now I need to find a way to discourage all these newbies so I can get a used bike cheap two months down the road......

mtbr member

mtbr member

You can't beat a ho with a belt... they like that s h it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem
    Naw....needs to be higher
    Seats actually just about right - I did flip the stem around and drop the bars about 3" - much more agressive (and feels better too!)

im4Gsus
    a friend and i are riding desert classic from pima canyon rd tomorrow morning at 8am. can u ride then? or anyone else?
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Wish I could make it - but - theres this darn thing called work that gets in the way. I think I am going to head out around 5:00 tonight though.

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankAZ
    Wish I could make it - but - theres this darn thing called work that gets in the way. I think I am going to head out around 5:00 tonight though.
    "darn thing called work": that's why i don't do it anymore! LOL (i work p/t from home)
    the reason for the late start is the cool weather we'll have which i'm sure ends this week. soon i'll be starting a somo ride at 5:30am. might you be up for an early ride then?
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    "darn thing called work": that's why i don't do it anymore! LOL (i work p/t from home)
    the reason for the late start is the cool weather we'll have which i'm sure ends this week. soon i'll be starting a somo ride at 5:30am. might you be up for an early ride then?
    I head into work at 6:45 or so - so - still can't do much other than evenings and weekends.

Members who have read this thread: 0