Thread: Am I a re tard?

....just cruisin through

No good Am I a re tard?

So I was jumping the girly (no offense, ladies) B-line jumps at NRA two weeks ago, and found that I am a complete re tard on the hips. I f-Ed the landing twice, the second time going down. My riding partner (riding, not domestic) told me I was getting no vert (only floating through the jump, not getting lift). I am wondering if I need to upgrade my shock or my manhood. I am running a Domain with no compression adjustment, only rebound. Will some Motion Control help, or is it my lack of style that is hurting me?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers.....

Pivotal figure
    Hip jumps require a bit of "english" to land squarely although those particular landings will let you go straight thru. Unless you're totally blowing thru travel on your fork I wouldn't worry about that part. It sounds like you just need to get comfortable and convince yourself to relax on the takeoff. Those hips are some of the coolest features out there btw
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Pivotal figure
    Here's a short vid of the first hip, maybe it'll help a bit...

from Ken Bennett on Vimeo.

Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

ride more, blog less
    nothing girly about b-line, you gotta start out somewhere and you can't expect to go out and hit jumps like the pros right off the bat. i agree w/ ken, they're some of my favorite jumps out there, i love getting all sideways on 'em.. key is to literally let you body follow the bike... they throw you darn near perfectly. a stiffer spring rate also helps w/ dirt jumping, but that shouldn't be stopping you... just try more preloading at takeoff
    i like these odds....

Members who have read this thread: 0