mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Am I The Only One That Works?

Another post topic, I got guilt tripped to call off last friday to climb 4 peaks.... seems like we have a lot of mid week rides going on right now!, I know it is great weather and would be nice to have few days off, but feels like I am the only one that has to work!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    10's M-F, 5 on Sat, day shift. No, you're not the only one that works.
    The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    This is funny. I was thinking about this topic on my ride today.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quit. Welfare, food stamps etc. Cycling should be at the top of the priority list. Cycling even before family too right? Isn't that what Lance did?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Do food stamps cover EPO injections?

Meatbomb
    can I buy Kiltlifter with my WIC?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    at work right now.. do I win?

mon-wed after 3pm work sat and sun mornings.. sucks. you all suck!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i usually average 60 hours a week... 80 during xmas season

Neg reppers r my biatches
    I am not from AZ so forgive me if I am wrong...but my understanding is that most folks from AZ are definitely on the incompetent & lazy side so not working is pretty much the norm I believe.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    I am not from AZ so forgive me if I am wrong...but my understanding is that most folks from AZ are definitely on the incompetent & lazy side so not working is pretty much the norm I believe.
    maybe so, but i could sure use a dontgiveashit mentor.

EDR
    I'm at work right now but brought my bike. I'll be at SoMo at 2pm. See ya there?

Cholla Magnent
    M-F 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. So I do work, and can't make the mid week rides.
    Cholla Magnet

My other ride is your mom
    I celebrate my 1-year anniversary from not working next week.....I for sure, as a native AZ'r, am incompetent and lazy.........and it says nothing about me, it's simply because I am from Arizona.

The only thing I have going for me....is that I'm not from New Mexico...

I, Mudd
    I work a 9-5 but I take an hour and a half off for lunch to ride PMP almost every day (if you ever see a green 4-door Jeep in the Tatum lot that's me!).
    "Because I was profiling and it looked stolen.
    90% of everything in my neighborhood is stolen." - Me

DFL>DNF>DNS
    60 hrs. a week between 2 jobs, but fortunatly my current schedule allows for an afternoon ride on Wed. & a 2 1/2 hr. window Thurs. afternoons. Plus, I work near SoMo's 46th St. TH!! Thankfully the wife and I have an agreement for a weekend day as well for longer outings.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike
    maybe so, but i could sure use a dontgiveashit mentor.
    i didnt mean to offend...its just the one person i know from AZ, a surgeon, has got to be the laziest guy i know and pretty much does nothing but ride bikes. I actually dont think he is a surgeon and think he is probably just a chiropractor who wants to be cool by saying he is a real doctor

Got a suspension fork
    Early morning rides mid week for me, and also usually early on the weekends so I have time for the family. Do what you gotta do! Heck most of my winter riding is in full darkness, fun.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Wow thats a quite a statement considering the majority of people living in AZ these days are from elsewhere. it seems to me the bs you are talking about was imported from other states. those of us who are native born Arizonans have a strong work ethic and do work.... we dont have a choice we have to keep paying for those who choose not to work

My other ride is your mom
    The other day, after riding my townie down to the supermarket to buy a 30 of busch-lite, I was riding back when I saw a truck with a bumper sticker that read, "Honk if I'm paying for your mortgage".

Since he was stopped at a light and I was rolling up to the intersection with my 30 pack bungied to the back of the bike, I stopped alongside him and yelled out to him "I'd honk because of your bumpersticker, but I don't have a horn.....but thanks for the beer too since I'm also on unemployment".

My cheeks hurt for a minute or two after that because I was grinning so hard....

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I ride a lot at night because I work. I enjoy the night rides. We even started two night ride groups in my small town. Gotta get it in when you can!

mtbr member

The Grind

I am burdened by the inability to live the retired lifestyle...I can't seem to find a rich woman to finance my expensive habits and allow me to enjoy the playboy life-style I was actually born to live...So I grind my way through each and every day...very deprived...

That said, I end up squeezing my rides in mostly at night year around, 3 to 5 nights a week on average.

Lucky for me I live within riding distance of Hawes, And I work a stones throw from the Pima lot at Somo.

I buy my own beer, and try as I may cannot seem to find any free tequila...Life is a beach for lazy zonies...
    Check my pulse...

mtbr member
    I'm going for a road ride right now if anyone is interested :-)

I am lucky enough to make my own schedule as I am self employed. Sometimes this backfires since I get stuck working later if a job takes longer than planned or things pile up or (sometimes) I don't get moving soon enough in the morning.
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    The only thing I have going for me....is that I'm not from New Mexico...

wow that's some fightin' words. Guess I'll take you off the invite list for NM bike trips.

Since you love the POW, I'll make it up to you with FREE lift ticket to the west slope of the Sandia's.
    b

mtbr member
    I work from home, but take care of our two year old while the wifey works outside the home. I travel alot too- so about five to six days a month I have the sitter come over so I can ride.

I think alot of it has to do with the abundance of trail we have around the valley and the rideable weather 99% of the year that makes getting out for a quick 1-2 hour rides almost any day of the week pretty easy for most of us- working or not. When I travel say back east- many have to pack up and drive an hour to a trailhead, that gets cut if it rains midday ( which is a lot). I do notice a larger commuter scene in states that are unlike ours.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

Members who have read this thread: 0