Ahwatukee....Need Long Term House Rental- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Ahwatukee....Need Long Term House Rental

Will be flying out to Arizona this coming weekend to begin the search for a rental house in Ahwatukee. Have been considering the area off of Desert Foothills Parkway (Telegraph Trailhead), seems that both the Elementary schools (de la Sierra and de los Cerritos) get the best ratings, I have 2 daughters in 2nd grade. Have a few homes that I've found on Zillow that will be worth a look. If anyone is a Realtor or knows someone that has rental property, it would be much appreciated. Looking for the following: quick access to trails, good schools, 3 to 4 bedroom house with pool (around $2,000/month). I don't have a commute on a daily basis. Thanks !!

mtbr member
    $2k/month......wow!

damn...wish I could buy a new house then you could rent mine! 2.2 miles to Warpaint trailhead by bike. walking distance to elementary school.

there are actually a ton of houses in the 'Tukee that would fit your bill. and prolly could be rented for le$$.
    b

skilldest©
    PM'd you.

Kathleen in AZ
    On my walk around the hood with the dogs this evening, I saw that a great house just was posted for rent. House is at the SW corner of E Ahwatukee Dr and S 40th St. I can do a drive-by on my way to work tomorrow and get the phone # if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the heads up on the rental. Don't worry about the phone number. I'll drive by this Sunday and take a look at it.

mtbr member
    There are 4+ on my 'street'. Thistle landing dr. Between ray and Chandler west of 48th
    b

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Sweet. I'll Google Map it and add them to my growing list of properties ! Thanks.

Dirt Merchant
    Sure you don't want one in North Scottsdale? I just moved out of one, and it needs a new renter.
    Keep pedalin'. You can catch your breath on the downhill!

'10 Stumpjumper Comp FSR
    '06 Rockhopper Comp

mtbr member
    Or S. scottsdale near Old town. Easy access to ASU and Babes? No, not your cup of tea?
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I live where you first mentioned. It's worth the financial sacrifice to live in this area of the foothills IMO. You wouldn't really be able to put a perspective on it until walking onto the street at 8pm. Dead quiet. Feels far from the city yet takes 15mins in and out to anything you want via Pecos. I will say $2k is too high though for a rental. I know the house next door is currently renting for $1600 for approx 1900 Sq Ft 4BR/2.5BA. The Telegraph access is extremely nice to National and the access to the west side of Desert Classic is also fantastic. I guess I'm biased but I love where we live! Not to knock other areas but spending what you mentioned should get a palace out here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    We are flying out tomorrow to look for a rental. Have some places to look at near telegraph pass trailhead. Will be nice to ride from the house and access 620 trails/telegraph/DC. Thinking we may run into some rentals that aren't listed on mls or craigslist when driving around.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoyR6
    Or S. scottsdale near Old town. Easy access to ASU and Babes? No, not your cup of tea?
    Sounds good...but considering my wife would divorce me after the babes, child support payments would guarantee I'd never own a new bike again. Plus I'd be living In a van next to some arroyo. Hmmmm...actually that doesn't sound half bad. Haha.

mtbr member
    Well maybe if you get a deal on the house in Tukee adn need a weekend house/office.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

banned
    Feb 2011
    HI you can find your quick term house on rent at Singapore Property Rental. It is based in Singapore, it's network covers local, regional and international private residential long-term and short term holiday rentals.

My other ride is your mom
    ^^^^^^^^^Ohh, I'll jump right on that.....when I think of rentals in Tukee....I think....Singapore Property Rental!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yeah...not quite sure of that Singapore deal...to scared to even click on it...
    We found a rental house off of Chandler Blvd, near Desert Foothills (Club West area). About .3 tenths of a mile to 620 trails (church parking lot) and 1 mile to telegraph trailhead. Think its gonna work out good. Should be moving in about March 1st or 2nd. Thanks to all of you for the help and suggestions on the area !

Members who have read this thread: 0