Ad: Large 1994 Bontrager OR Race.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Ad: Large 1994 Bontrager OR Race.

Is anyone here in my home-state of AZ interested in my old Bontrager Race? It's in great shape, and it'd make a great vintage single-speed or fixie. I'm pointing it on this forum because I'd rather deal locally if I can. I'm in Mesa, but my parents live in Flagstaff, so if you're fortunate enough to spend your summers up there, I'd drive it up to you.

Here's a link to the ad:
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...?product=23305

Here's a link to better photos:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/chopwa...7606409433364/

Please let me know what you think. Thanks,
    Ryan

Last edited by chopwa; 08-03-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added photo.

"Yabut"
    Wow, look at that old school stem! Super super long, and you are not getting any riser bars through that clamp either. I also like the chain-suck device? Nice looking bike! Takes me back......
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for your comment. Yeah, it doesn't get much more old school than this. I have a second stem that I'm throwing in with the deal. It's still long, but it has a 10 rise, so it's not quite as low. It's brand new:

As you said, I'm not sure modern riser bars would fit through the clamp. I have a Titec titanium straight bar that does, though. I'll thrown that in as well.

I was just perusing the Cosmic Race Info. I would definitely fall into the B.A.S.T.A.R.D. category. Looks like it was a blast.

Kathleen in AZ
    One should be able to pop out that threaded headset and put in a 1 1/8" non-threaded so that you can upgrade to stem and fork of your choice. But are you sure you want to sell that beautiful frame? It would make great garage wall art!!

Members who have read this thread: 0