46th St Trailhead, Up National, Down Geronimo!- Mtbr.com
    Just Joshin' ya!

46th St Trailhead, Up National, Down Geronimo!

Sorry for the late post, but I got to ride today! I am going to head out to Pima Canyon and head up national for a drop down Geronimo. I am starting at 2:30 (Sunday, Feb 15). Post up if you want to join.

When I get to the bottom, I will just head home as I live down 20th st, but it is a real easy canal ride back to 46th St if you want to park there.
    Last edited by PrincipalRider; 02-15-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

mtbr member

Geronimo???

Quote Originally Posted by NMPhi767
    Sorry for the late post, but I got to ride today! I am going to head out to Pima Canyon and head up national for a drop down Geronimo. I am starting at 2:30 (Sunday, Feb 15). Post up if you want to join.

When I get to the bottom, I will just head home as I live down 20th st, but it is a real easy canal ride back to 46th St if you want to park there.

That was my planned route today but I'm not sure I really came down Geronimo. After I got to BV I headed down a trail that was directly in front of the bench on the north (maybe NW) side of BV. I ended up at the Boy Scout camp -19th street and ?. I started to head east on the road and after about 200 - 300 yards I came across a sign to Geronimo trailhead. While the trail I came down was a blast (and will definitely do it again) it was chunkier and had many more very tight switchbacks than I though Geronimo had. Does it sound like I hit Geronimo or did I ride another trail.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2
    That was my planned route today but I'm not sure I really came down Geronimo. After I got to BV I headed down a trail that was directly in front of the bench on the north (maybe NW) side of BV. I ended up at the Boy Scout camp -19th street and ?. I started to head east on the road and after about 200 - 300 yards I came across a sign to Geronimo trailhead. While the trail I came down was a blast (and will definitely do it again) it was chunkier and had many more very tight switchbacks than I though Geronimo had. Does it sound like I hit Geronimo or did I ride another trail.

You rode Geronimo to Scout Camp, which is the general bike route taken. The real Geronimo splits off just before the climb in the middle of the trail you came down and is not usually ridden and is much gnarlier than the lower half of Scout Camp.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    You rode Geronimo to Scout Camp, which is the general bike route taken. The real Geronimo splits off just before the climb in the middle of the trail you came down and is not usually ridden and is much gnarlier than the lower half of Scout Camp.

Well now I know where it is I will definitely do it again, but I am gonna need to work on those switchbacks...

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2
    Well now I know where it is I will definitely do it again, but I am gonna need to work on those switchbacks...
    They are tricky and don't get easier as time goes on, in some cases worse as they erode.

The 3rd switchback from the top is pretty F'd up right now. The rocks that make up the water bar in it moved during the rains last week and is loose if you ride over it. I just noticed it this weekend, but next time I get out there I will try to re-secure it.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Where does this other trail end up? Is it a good ride in your book?
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

mtbr member
    They are tricky and don't get easier as time goes on, in some cases worse as they erode.

The 3rd switchback from the top is pretty F'd up right now. The rocks that make up the water bar in it moved during the rains last week and is loose if you ride over it. I just noticed it this weekend, but next time I get out there I will try to re-secure it.
    I like it.
    Switchbacks are fun.
    They need to be tricky!
    Having the rocks move under you sure wakes you up...

Just Joshin' ya!

I did not notice this yesterday. I guess that is a good thing? Maybe someone fixed it.

Members who have read this thread: 0