Thread: 305 in Prescott

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

305 in Prescott

I rode pretty hard today and kinda timed myself, just looked at the clock, no stop watch. Just wondering what a respectable time would be for a hard ride? It took me 1 hour and 50 min from the costco parking lot, and a 5-6 min break at the other end.

Powered by ice cream.
    It typically takes me around 55 minutes up and 45 minutes down. I think I killed myself once and broke 50 minutes. That was no fun, so I haven't tried it again.

I know of folks who have gotten up it in 39 minutes. These are the same sort of people who win large races.

So anyway, your time is a respectable round trip in my mind. There will always be someone faster or slower than most people.

Your time just tells you how fit you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

mtbr member
    Looking at my Garmin from the last ride: 51 minutes up and 41 down with a 5 minute break thrown it at the top. In total you climb 1,674 ft which to me is brutal towards the end but so much fun on the way back.

Elitest thrill junkie
    45 min up and 30 min down is smoking fast. Not much sustained climbing till the end, and even then it's just a few short steep climbs. Respectable is definitely in the 40s, if you're close you're close. I saw all the cars at the trailhead this morning, but I rode near my house this morning. Riding against the wind in the open prarie sucked, I would have much preferred riding on trails.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Members who have read this thread: 0