305 Fling ride!- Mtbr.com

Thread: 305 Fling ride!

305 Fling ride!

Was a huge success. My jaw dropped when I pulled into the lot at 0951 and there were already a big line of cars and bikes; we had a few short of 30 when we rolled out (on time!) at 1020. A good number were Prescott locals (whom I'd never seen or met), and a "C" ride rolled off the back early on. We had very nice conditions, high 70's and a decent breeze most of the ride. The group hung together and rode strong to the end of 305 in 1:15, at which point 18 folks split off for the moto trail across the street. Much fun was had, Mickey earning the only flat (and mechanical) of the day. I managed to crash amusingly, loosing traction utterly on one of the early moto trail climbs and spinning several pedal strokes in mid-air before falling over sideways. We descended to Sevenmile Gulch, crossed the rode, and took 305 back to the cars. Almost three hours exactly for the ride.

Tls36, BrainC, KevinO, Mickey and myself then headed to the brewery to maintain social and ritual integrity for the day, while the OTB crew started the long drive home.

Overall the package came together far better than my most optimistic expectations. My gratitude for everyone coming out; hope to ride with many of you again.

Young, Shawn Young
    That trail is freaking awesome! We Shuttled(gasp!) to the top and bombed down with a group of about 16 people. There was some uphill grunts just to keep everyone on their toes and the weather was top notch and thankfully alot cooler.

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Over the Hill
    Dave good to met and talk to you this AM.

Yes many of us Cal/Nev peeps were a little wornout by this AM, so when I sugested a Smith Ravine/305 shuttle yesterday it was greeted with a solid yes. A earlier start time and a shorter ride was welcome, as many of us wanted to get on the road home.

Big thanks to Kathleen and all that put this together...had a excellent time.

Dean

Elitest thrill junkie
    I had heard people went for a Smith Ravine shuttle, but I had a hard time believing anyone would go that far out of their way for a short trail (that has some pretty steep climbs). Guess I was wrong.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yeah,

Thanks again to Dave for leading a great ride!!! And nice meeting everyone at PBC for a cold one afterwards. Lets do this ride again SOON!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tls36
    Lets do this ride again SOON!

Tom
    Indeed. Sometime next month I'd like to get a crew together and ride the big 305-297-Spruce-62 loop. It's been too long.

-Dave

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I had heard people went for a Smith Ravine shuttle, but I had a hard time believing anyone would go that far out of their way for a short trail (that has some pretty steep climbs). Guess I was wrong.
    Hell, I would have done it twice Thanks Dean,

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Members who have read this thread: 0