gears weigh too much

3 Day Sedona Trip Suggestions

I'm planning a trip to sedona probably in september. I'll be three days and two nights.
    What trails are must dos? I want to do some really techy difficult stuff the first day, something really epic the second day (like 4 hours +), and something easy the last day.

Also, whats the weather like mid september there? Cool enought to be riding mid day?

Suggestions for campgrounds?

Thanx

Tucson, AZ
    Camp for free outside the city. Beaver Flats south of town is your best bet. September is still a bit toasty. I'd do Flagstaff if I were you.

Days:
    1. head south on 179 to Bell rock Blvd.go west to Verde Valley School Rd. go west again and pick up Baldwin / Buddha Beach / Templeton / HT / Little Horse / Chicken Point and evaluate plan /Broken Arrow / Morgan Rd. / Mystic / Chapel / Little Horse / Llama / Bell Rock Pathway
    2.Sedona-Scnebly Hill-Munds-Hangover-Munds-Sedona
    3.Raven Coffee-ride back behind town and choose your own route-Finish on Coffee Pot, Brewery is off coffee pot, Yavapai Road (I think). Eat free popcorn and drink some Oak Creek Brewery. Fire on the patio at night. Bands on Fridays.

Sedona maps courtesy of Dale

If you are really feeling an epic ride of 6 hours, you can do this or half of this.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The Munds Wagon off the very top to Hangover is THE CLASSIC, one of the best rides in the South West no doubt. It's not really any type of riding specific but covers just about everything you could think of but for a lot of folks it is VERY challenging. The terrain and views are epic! I wouldn't post on here about it but it seems as though the cat is out of the bag so to speak.

Members who have read this thread: 0