24hrs ITOP news, NO FIRES! [x-post]- Mtbr.com
    Fight the Kakistocracy!

24hrs ITOP news, NO FIRES! [x-post]

I just thought that I would spread the word a bit. There are no open ground fires this year, the promoter is getting jerked around by the land dept. You can use Weber grills, fire pans, or the local suggestion, a chiminea (holds heat the best). Everyone has to be careful to pack everything out this year, EVERYTHING, or get it in the dumpster, not over the other side. We have a great event, but I would hate to see it suspended or dissolved because a couple of people couldn't control themselves. They may be out there checking on everyone, to make sure that their rules are followed. It is important for this event that always gets better that we try to make sure it continues.
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by veelz
    I just thought that I would spread the word a bit. There are no open ground fires this year, the promoter is getting jerked around by the land dept. You can use Weber grills, fire pans, or the local suggestion, a chiminea (holds heat the best). Everyone has to be careful to pack everything out this year, EVERYTHING, or get it in the dumpster, not over the other side. We have a great event, but I would hate to see it suspended or dissolved because a couple of people couldn't control themselves. They may be out there checking on everyone, to make sure that their rules are followed. It is important for this event that always gets better that we try to make sure it continues.
    I think they also suggested a fire ring, as long as you put the rocks back where you found them. That is what I have done in the past, as I was never a fan of digging a big hole for a fire anyway.

Drugstore Trailrider
    Quote Originally Posted by veelz
    I think your comment is misleading. In a January 27th email Todd gave this explanation:

Fire Pits - Contrary to years past, this year we are not allowing any more fire pits. Instead, please either bring an above ground fire place/chimenea, or collect rocks from nearby and create a small fire ring. When the weekend is over, please put the rocks back exactly where you found them and scatter the ashes. Please erase all signs of your campfire if you choose to have one.

There website currently does not offer any info to contradict this.

Has this changed, and where did you get your info?

John W.
    Body Armor--Don't Leave Home Without It!