24 Hours in the Enchanted Forest, Zuni Mtns. NM- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

24 Hours in the Enchanted Forest, Zuni Mtns. NM

Early registration for 24 Hours in the Enchanted Forest ends today! After today you will be paying extra dough to register.... dough you could be spending on liquid bread or bike gadgets. Get online and get on over to http://www.ziarides.com/24hitef/?q=node/4 and come get your Enchantment on!

Rhino
    I heard great things about this race, so I signed up. Any AZ peoples heading out to NM?

Need more cowbell
    We have a couple of teams and some solos going up...looking forward to this.

aka Diesel
    Waltaz and I are both signed up solo, ss. This will be my first out-of-state event, and I'm pretty stoked, although woefully undertrained.
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis View Post
    Waltaz and I are both signed up solo, ss. This will be my first out-of-state event, and I'm pretty stoked, although woefully undertrained.
    It's looking like a huge SS race. Big field. Come find our crew and share a beer.

H.E.R
    Mar 2007
    Raced it last year, doing it again this year. Awesome course by the way. Hoping for more than 10 laps this time!
    Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    We will be there as a geared 4 person team. Don't forget your tail light!
    Hope the smoke clears out before the event.

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath View Post
    Anybody remember if they had cell service at the site last year?
    The dudes tell me it's spotty at best.

quoted from 24HITEF

"No cell serice in the staging area or on the course. AT&T doesn't get reception for 8 miles, Verizon gets service on the paved road, about .4 miles from the staging area. Not sure about other carriers. "

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this; trying to get some "crash-training" in...

I'm a little worried about the Skinwalkers; however...
    Ride more; post less...

Need more cowbell
    Anybody remember if they had cell service at the site last year?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Psyched to see all the AZ folks signing up!!!! Tell your friends to hurry... Registration ENDS on Tuesday! So get in while you still can! And all you folks coming over or up to NM come say hi in the tent!

Cheers
    Zia Rides Crew

mtbr member
    Heading to NM from AZ myself. Looking forward to it. Might even learn a bit about CFS on this trip.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

odds and ends

If you have not found a riding partner yet, you might want to post a request on the race's FaceBook page. Several folks have gotten hooked up with team members that way.

Note, stage 2 fire restrictions start Monday at the race venue so no chainsaws, explosives, welding and stay on the Forest Service roads.

Smoke from Wallow fire is intermittent at the venue. See race website for details: www.24hitef.com.

AND last and most importantly--REGISTRATION ENDS TUESDAY JUNE 14.

Pedal, pedal,
    Zia Rides Crew

aka Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanseeds View Post
    It's looking like a huge SS race. Big field. Come find our crew and share a beer.
    Will do!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Last Chance

Okey doke Tred Shredders, this is it!
    1. Registration ENDS on Tuesday June 14 at midnight. Tuesday is the LAST chance to register for the longest Mountain Bike party in New Mexico!

2. Want a podium spot? Then check out these categories: Duo Female, Duo Single Speed, Enchanted Land, and Four Person Co-Ed.

3. Remember Junior Riders are half price.

4. Did we mention there will be live music Saturday from 6-10. None other than: James Mecale (check him out at: http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmecale ).

5. Santa Fe Brewing will be providing the suds. And for the more refined (or the closet roadie in you!) there will be wine tasting provided by St. Clair Winery.

6. Plan to bring La whole Familia as there will be tons of activities for the little snot slingers--kids race (it was epic last year!), arts and crafts, pinatas, and their own whole little area of enjoyment and distraction.

7. Get on over to http://www.24hitef.com/, check out the latest news, then hit that Registration option and get yourself registered.

This is it folks... don't let this be the "Dang, I'd wished I'd raced it" race of 2011. Come see it for yourself... it really is THAT good.

Pedal, pedal..

Lindsay
    Zia Rides
    [email protected]
    www.24HITEF.com
    (505) 863-4228

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Eating and Staying Warm

Hi Folks just an update... sounds like we got the whole "Propane and Coleman fuel stoves ARE PERMITTED under Stage 2 restrictions. They are referred to as GAS APPLIANCES. Once again, propane and Coleman ...fuel stoves ARE PERMITTED, so you can cook food with propane and Coleman stoves because they ARE PERMITTED." figured out.

Regarding GENERATORS these are ALSO allowed. We specifically got clarification from the Forest Service. They said that engines are allowed, including generators, if they have a 'spark arresting device'. Most engines after 1953 will fit the bill. The entire race is powered by generators, several different sizes and types, so they are good to go.

Hope this helps. PLEASE check the RACE WEBSITE for more details. An email will also be sent to all racers with specifics on Thursday.

Cheers,
    Zia Rides Crew

Need more cowbell
    Guys...put this one on your calendar for next year.

What a great venue/event to ride your bike on for 24 hours!

The volunteers and folks putting it on really seem personally invested in making sure every rider leaves with a grin.

Rhino
    2011 24 Hours in The Enchanted Forest was incredible. This one should go on your calendar for next year. Race Report and photos to follow, maybe.

aka Diesel
    Suffering at 8000+ ft, is something I will not soon forget, but I am in total agreement; this was a great event, and is definitely not to be missed if you're looking to challenge yourself. The event coordinators and volunteers were awesome and helpful, and the focus on the cause behind the race, was a great reminder of just how lucky we are to have the health and strength to participate in the active lifestyle we enjoy. I'll definitely be doing it again next year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    This was a great race that was put on extremely well.
    Anyone wanting to do a 24 hr. race should look at this one. I myself, hope to get back next year and participate again.
    Excellent course, great people, beer and a purpose for the race.

Job well done!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Thanks

Thanks Arizona! You guys really brought a lot of riders to the 24 Hours in the Enchanted Forest and you all did awesome--Jeff Wood (on his first solo?) taking first; 8 Tired Arizona Testicles taking 1st place 4 person male team (I personally can't wait to check out the Cave Creek Bike Fest this November) and bringing Ryan Woodroffe--14 Year old SOLO rider! Wow! Thank you for coming, thanks for all the love and we hope to see even more of you next year!!!!!

Pedal, pedal

Zia Rides Crew

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 24HITEF View Post
    Thanks Arizona! You guys really brought a lot of riders to the 24 Hours in the Enchanted Forest and you all did awesome--Jeff Wood (on his first solo?) taking first; 8 Tired Arizona Testicles taking 1st place 4 person male team (I personally can't wait to check out the Cave Creek Bike Fest this November) and bringing Ryan Woodroffe--14 Year old SOLO rider! Wow! Thank you for coming, thanks for all the love and we hope to see even more of you next year!!!!!

Pedal, pedal

Zia Rides Crew
    I can't speak for my teammates 6 other testicles but my 2 testicles are tired! Your event is brilliant. Glad you can reciprocate and get out here for the 3rd annual CCBF, let me know if need anything. And yeah Ryan is our shop rat here at the flat tire bike shop. He has some serious energy and he rode the whole event on a rigid bike, did that last year and ouch.......
    Increasing the peace, one bike at a time.......