mtbr member
    Apr 2010

2011 Marzocchi 66 rc3 evo -vs- 66 TI

Just wondering if anyone has time on both or at least one or the other. Is the Ti worth the extra cash? Any major differences besides weight and one is obviously titanium? I've been hearing good things about marzocchi and am interested in the 66, but wanna know if if I need to drop more money on ti.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Chainlove has the 2010's on blowout or was it 2011's?? Either way they're half price.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro View Post
    has the 2010's on blowout or was it 2011's?? Either way they're half price.

Thanks. I appreciate the info. I had noticed that too and that's what prompted my question. I just don't want to dish out the extra money if the non Ti is nearly as good.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Quote Originally Posted by induction View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate the info. I had noticed that too and that's what prompted my question. I just don't want to dish out the extra money if the non Ti is nearly as good.
    Dude, it's Ti what more is there to know?!?
    I can say aside from the Ti spring the internal valving is the same. Only other difference being the nickel plated stanchions. I run the standard 888 on my DH rig with Ti springs (Marzocchi gave me a deal for the heavy spring upgrade) and the natural progressiveness of the Ti makes for light valving to get a sweet feel on the ride. Happy Hunting!
    Pumpin & Pimpin

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I've owned the '10 66 RC3 ti and now the '11 RC3 Evo (non-ti). The ti version I bought used. The current Evo I got a couple weeks back on Hucknroll. Aside from the weight difference, the damping feels exactly the same to me. The ti version MAY have been slightly more plush, but it was already broken in and the current one is still a little bit sticky.

I don't see any real reason other than weight and color to spring for the ti. It's a great fork.

I'm almost embarrassed to say what I paid for mine from HnR. It was a decent price at first, then went on sale a few days after I purchased. They refunded me an additional $190 to match the current price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    I've owned the '10 66 RC3 ti and now the '11 RC3 Evo (non-ti). The ti version I bought used. The current Evo I got a couple weeks back on . Aside from the weight difference, the damping feels exactly the same to me. The ti version MAY have been slightly more plush, but it was already broken in and the current one is still a little bit sticky.

I don't see any real reason other than weight and color to spring for the ti. It's a great fork.

I'm almost embarrassed to say what I paid for mine from HnR. It was a decent price at first, then went on sale a few days after I purchased. They refunded me an additional $190 to match the current price.
    Hucknroll is definately a favorite website. Good customer service. Sounds like I may just stick with the cheaper version.

Total noob question, but I've never used an angleset. I have a 1.5" head tube, so can I get a 1.125 or a tapered fork and get an angleset to fit it properly?

Alive and Lurkin'
    Pumpin & Pimpin