mtbr member

2 hr ride in Flag?

Looks like I'm going to be in Flagstaff tomorrow with my bike and a few hours of free time in the late morning so I'm looking for ride advice. I'm fine with technical but not so comfortable with gap jumps. I have a 140mm travel 29er and I'm looking go get in a little less than 2hrs saddle time (think slow intermediate speed and intermediate skill level). Cheers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2 View Post
    Looks like I'm going to be in Flagstaff tomorrow with my bike and a few hours of free time in the late morning so I'm looking for ride advice. I'm fine with technical but not so comfortable with gap jumps. I have a 140mm travel 29er and I'm looking go get in a little less than 2hrs saddle time (think slow intermediate speed and intermediate skill level). Cheers.
    Nah man nothing is open here. It's been raining since yesterday. Back to snow maybe next Friday. Even the urban pathways are mush.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Nah man nothing is open here. It's been raining since yesterday. Back to snow maybe next Friday. Even the urban pathways are mush.
    Thanks for the heads up. Dirt jump/pump track is probably a no-go too right?

mtbr member
    I will be up there also any chance trails will dry out by Tuesday?

mtbr member
    If you want to hit trails and actually get a decent ride then go early while everything is still frozen. Generally there is little if any riding in March. Maybe you could get away with Rocky Ridge. That trail drains well but others that are south facing like the section of AZ trail to Fisher Point and Christmas Tree at the base of Elden will be soft and mushy. There's still snow on shady aspects. The rain this weekend might have melted most of it but if it were me I would just go to Sedona. Heading up Schultz Creek and hitting higher elevation trails is a no-go for now. Campbell Mesa which is on limestone might be ok?

edit to add: if you guys do get out on trails and encounter any issues, particularly downed trees please report back so we can get a sawyer on it. Report Trail Conditions | Setting Wheels in Motion
    Last edited by rockman; 03-12-2018 at 09:28 AM.