I mean really, WTF???????
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Need more cowbell
    with wind....

banned
    seriously...this sucks

Ridin bikes is fun
    Dam global worming.....

But really this is right on time in the historic sense.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    Dam global worming.....

But really this is right on time in the historic sense.

in that the world is gunna end in 2012?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I don't quite understand. It seems that everyone here loves arizona so much yet this is the third post I have read that is complaining about the heat? I hate the heat, don't care for Phoenix, I have no problem admitting it, I am not from here, and don't plan on staying. I have really enjoyed the biking while I was here, and I will probably be back, it will definitely be in Jan maybe Feb though. Just wondering why you guys live here if you hate it, or why you complain about the heat if you love living here.

Saucy Size
    Because complaining about the heat is part of the joy of living here! Duh!
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyrunner99
    I don't quite understand. It seems that everyone here loves arizona so much yet this is the third post I have read that is complaining about the heat? I hate the heat, don't care for Phoenix, I have no problem admitting it, I am not from here, and don't plan on staying. I have really enjoyed the biking while I was here, and I will probably be back, it will definitely be in Jan maybe Feb though. Just wondering why you guys live here if you hate it, or why you complain about the heat if you love living here.
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass you thin-blooded Northerner! Go back to your lattes and your sorbet and your chilled White Ziins. Us desert rats are just fine sitting around the saguaro with our warm Cerveses complaining about the heat.

Occidental Tourist

Chopper sez

Htfu!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

im4Gsus
    be thankful, i heard on the news that it was 108 a year ago, yikes!

also, sunday and monday are going to be in the middle 80s.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

vmb
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

I love the heat

While most everyone else gets off the trail and sits around MTBR.com complaining about it, I have more of the trail to myself - I say bring on 110 !!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    hey, some of us prefer the antioxidant properties found in red wine while we anxiously await our trails to dry out...

Need more cowbell
    It's pool time....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    It is going to be a 102 in havasu tomorrow! It should be just right for the lake!

How do I do that?
    Just got back from visiting friends back east and jumped on my bike yesterday around 11AM for the first time in over 3 weeks. Oh man, did I miss my bike and Arizona

I did b!tch about the humidity back east and touted our dry heat but man, the sun felt wicked STRONG today. Did a short 2 hour ride through the PMP baking in the sun around noon but I couldn't believe that it wasn't even 90 degrees yet according to my thermometer when I got home. Thank goodness for sunscreen and white long sleeve sport shirts

Although it's easy to complain about the heat, I'll just adapt my hours to the early morning or late evenings and continue riding with my large reserve of water.

NYC can keep all that asphalt and lousy weather as far as I'm concerned

mtbr member
    Well isn't that what night rides are for out here lol..

Tails

bhc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails8
    Well isn't that what night rides are for out here lol..

Tails

Purchase the lights and enjoy those warm evening rides. And then in 6 months post the ride reports for all the frozen riders up north to read.

mtbr member
    I moved here around 3 years ago from the East Coast and was raised in Midwest mainly. I don't think I really quite understood what the weather was going to be like (specifically the brutality of the sun). However, the heat doesn't bother me enough to complain about it to others. I work outside on most days and find that with even just a little bit of preparation you're fine. As for riding...get up early for a change and enjoy it before the heat hits. If you don't like the heat, don't whine about it....CHOOSE YOUR STATE, CHOOSE YOUR FATE.

bland
    It is warm lately, I've been wearing my short sleeve jersey this week. I love living in flagstaff.

mtbr member
    I was just gonna say... usually the first 100 day is usually far earlier than May 20th. Looking ahead to the forecast too, it looks like we have a few more days of 80 in our future. I really can't complain about the weather and the amount of riding I've been able to do over the last 8 months ;\

slow and whiney
    Feb 2010
    I went running after work, around 5pm. It sucked just as bad as it did last week, and the week before. But I really hate running, so, yeah.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Year-round riding starts NOW!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    i'll take the heat anytime. if it's too hot all i have to do is go indoors and cool off. I don't have to worry about snow blizzard, hurricanes, tornados and specially i hate earthquakes. i was in cali OC the last time they had earthquake and that wasn't fun.
    2000 something DB Sorrento
    2010 Motobecane 29Pro SL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vmb
    While most everyone else gets off the trail and sits around MTBR.com complaining about it, I have more of the trail to myself - I say bring on 110 !!
    AMEN! The only issue with the heat and fewer people on the trails is you for get to look out for others and end up running over them

mtbr member
    My room mate and I STILL have not turned on the A/C in the house this year (in N Mesa). Its become a challenge...also helps that we're like never home, lol...

And I also spend every weekend in the high country...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger
    It is warm lately, I've been wearing my short sleeve jersey this week. I love living in flagstaff.
    Agreed I did my time down in Phoenix (first 18 years of my life), and, for now, I'll gladly take snowy winters.
    Disclaimer: Bo does not actually know anything at all.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    okay,, irrelevant question here.
    do most of your garages also have A/C??

mtbr member
    My detached garage has a big swamp cooler, does a great job of keeping it chilly. The attached has nothing so it gets pretty warm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike
    No, most don't.

mtbr member
    I have a small portable swamp for my garage that I roll out of storage in June. Doesn't make the garage chilly, but it sure does help.

Team Tortuga
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike

It will be relevant when you stop screwing around and finally move here!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    dude i have 3 more mortgage payments left on my condo here... we also have buttloads of inventory for our online store,,its not like i can just up and hop on a plane. I asked about the garage a/c for potential bulk inventory storage. We'll be building a big locked security cage in it after reading all the break-in threads on here, but i also cant have expensive dolls melting.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I went riding for 3 hours today.... I didnt think it was that hot for 100 degrees. It was kinda nice actually.

mtbr member
    I think I'm going to miss all the tourists and seasonal trail users. Their inexperience and resulting comments about how hard it looks and the mad props they want to give you for the smallest things really give a great ego boost.

That being said, it was great to fly down National yesterday seeing more chuckwallas than people.. at least until I got too confident and f'ed myself up

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by starkynuke
    I moved here around 3 years ago from the East Coast and was raised in Midwest mainly. I don't think I really quite understood what the weather was going to be like (specifically the brutality of the sun). However, the heat doesn't bother me enough to complain about it to others. I work outside on most days and find that with even just a little bit of preparation you're fine. As for riding...get up early for a change and enjoy it before the heat hits. If you don't like the heat, don't whine about it....CHOOSE YOUR STATE, CHOOSE YOUR FATE.
    What your saying is true, i am from the midwest as well and it was very hot here the first summer for me, i think the reason most people live here is because as far as the extreme heat goes it's only for max 4 months, it's the winter time here that makes arizona worth it, i have gotten more and more used to the heat 90 is comfortable for me outside. i just went to shadow mountain preserve memorial day, got there at 5 am and rode till 8 it was beautiful out.

Disgruntled Peccary
    You have 4 months of bad weather almost everywhere.. and almost everywhere people complain about it. HTFU.
    mike

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Good God, I would give anything for that sunny hot weather. Someday soon hopefully.

vmb
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by jmill79
    Good God, I would give anything for that sunny hot weather. Someday soon hopefully.
    Yep, I lived in Canada for 10 years and I'd much rather deal with the heat than the cold anyday.

When it's cold and there's snow, you have to jump on a plane to get away from it (generally speaking - at least where I lived in Alberta). In Az. you always have the option of driving 1.5-3 hrs. to get 20 degree's cooler.

Or I find that as I ride during the spring leading up to summer, my tolerance adjusts and I just continue to ride. Hottest ride yet was 117, so in a strange kind of way, I'd like to beat my record (so bring on the heat !!)

Neg reppers r my biatches
    God is punishing you for civil rights violations

Mike-e
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    What happened to your sweet avatar!? Did Beiber break up with you!?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle

mtbr member
    I'm glad this thread has taken a turn twords immigration. Paul B can lock this one up, I'm tired of hearing people complain about the weater.

mtbr member
    It's funny how I feel like total crap and am pi$$ed off when I have to get up at 4:30am to go to work. But during the summer, I can jump right out of bed at 4:30am with absolutely no problems to go riding. Brains are funny creatures.

Members who have read this thread: 0