!@# ^#%$ #&^@%^& rain!!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

!@# ^#%$ #&^@%^& rain!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to get it off my chest. Hopefully it will stop soon

Steep Hill

I hear ya.

I just got my bike bike's pivot issue fixed and it has been almost a week since I've ridden. This rain comes at a bad time for me. But this year 9 of the droubt, so it is a good thing.
    ** Obey gravity. It's the law. **

mtbr member
    Rain, what rain?

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar
    Sorry had to get it off my chest. Hopefully it will stop soon
    Silence, heathen.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Ouch, I am hot!

No Complaining About Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Silence, heathen.

p.
    Ironbar, if you read some of the old Arizona posts, you will discover that complaining about the weather in this state is not acceptable. Paul B. is the defacto weather master and is in charge of making sure we all understand the rules. I took a lot of heat for complaining about the heat (hah, is that a pun sort of?) a short time back. In Arizona we love rain because we don't get enough of it. Animal life continues, plant life continues, things get wet, mountain bikers take some time off (at least many of us), people crash their cars, ect. Rain Rain Rain, Rain On Me. Purple Rain. Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head. Rain On My Parade. Raintree. The Rain Stays Mainly on the Plane.

Steep Hill

A few more....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Rain Rain Rain, Rain On Me. Purple Rain. Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head. Rain On My Parade. Raintree. The Rain Stays Mainly on the Plane.
    Kentucky Rain, Mandolin Rain, (Here Comes The) Rain, Rain on the ScareCrow, The Rain Song, and most appropriate for Arizona is Neil Young's Rainin' in Paradise.
    ** Obey gravity. It's the law. **

Fragile - must be Italian

The rain NEEDS to stop by tomorrow AM

I'm riding in the Tour de Phoenix tomorrow and am really bummed about the weather. I know we need the rain, but on the same day as a road race? That sucks. I really hope the weather breaks, at least from 5AM to Noon tomorrow. After that it can rain like hell again.

I just drove all the way out to Supergo in Chandler to pick up the only raincoat I could find in a size small or medium. REI was completely out.

Thx...Doug

Ouch, I am hot!

Many Many More

Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale
    Kentucky Rain, Mandolin Rain, (Here Comes The) Rain, Rain on the ScareCrow, The Rain Song, and most appropriate for Arizona is Neil Young's Rainin' in Paradise.
    See this webpage for the full rainbow (hah, a funny, erg. not really funny).

http://www.lacarte.org/songs/rain/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bah!

we need the rain and it is nice and cool. having said that, i really hate the trainer. lucky i have monday off this next week. maybe i can ride that day, eh?

Rita

Ouch, I am hot!

Danger Danger, Will Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    I'm riding in the Tour de Phoenix tomorrow and am really bummed about the weather. I know we need the rain, but on the same day as a road race? That sucks. I really hope the weather breaks, at least from 5AM to Noon tomorrow. After that it can rain like hell again.

I just drove all the way out to Supergo in Chandler to pick up the only raincoat I could find in a size small or medium. REI was completely out.

Thx...Doug
    I suspect that Paul B and the other weather patrol agents will punish you for this comment.

I just got goth served!

um, well, actually, Rainman...

While you grump-arses were grousing about the weather, MC PaulyB was out riding in it. How else can the weather patrol agents get the first hand data we so need to keep you complaining freaks in check? While you were staring wistfully out your window at the rain , Paul was humping up National, and bombing down Geronimo. If only his damm tires didn't have indigestion! Oh, well.

brian
    insert witty comment here

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Rain, what rain?
    Riding south on 48th St towards SoMo on my commute home from work last night, the skies appeared dark and ominous beyond the mountain. As I rounded the nose of SoMo to head west on Desert Classic, the sky was an amazing brilliant red/orange towards the setting sun. At first I could see the distant Estrellas thru the orange haze, but then the Estrellas disappeared. Next, portions of South Mountain and Ahwatukee were consumed by the eery orange. I could not tell if it was dust or rain, but whatever it was it was heading my way... fast. Behind me I could see a rainbow. As I pondered the strange sky around me, and marveled at the distant lightning bolts lighting up the blanket of clouds to the south, the heavens opened up on me. Strong winds and heavy downpour whipped and pelted my bare arms, legs and face with water and sand. I bent into the wind and drove it home. Wow! What a feeling!!! Seldom do we get to ride in such conditions. It was frightning, painful, and awesome all at the same time. Made me feel alive!!!

EnduroGuy
    Feb 2004

funny people!

I find it funny that you folks are grousing about the rain! I live in Pa. and it has been raining since Tue! Wed PM we rode in the rain and 45 degree temps! It is the main reason why I'll be moving to Az before the end of summer!!! Please get me out of here! I never want to see mud again or ride in just above freezing rain!

Drugstore Trailrider

The rain has its upside.

We returned to Tucson from the "rained-out" MBAA race in Payson this afternoon, and as we approached Catalina there was a furious looking storm cell sitting directly over the 50-Year Trail/Golder Ranch. When we got on the south side of Golder Ranch this was what the afternoon sunlight made of the storm:

(I have never attached an image before. Don't know if this is going to work)

John W.

I will have to work on this upload business.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by papajohn; 04-03-2004 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Improve image quality
    Body Armor--Don't Leave Home Without It!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Beautiful Rainbow!!!

I retract all previous comments. Went out and hit Milagrosa today, and the weather was perfect. Trail was 90% dry but thanks to the recent rain/snow I was able to work on my creek crossing skills (or lack there of) today, quite a treat for this desert rat.