yay for helmets- Mtbr.com

Thread: yay for helmets

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

yay for helmets

i spent yesterday morning riding park and ended up waking up in the hospital with a broken bone near my sinuses, a big swolled road rash patch under my eye, a wicked concussion, and a broken helmet. the docs said without the helmet they would be mopping up my brains from the bottom of the big bowl. i lost my memory for the past week and a half so i have no idea what happened but i was told i fell 10 ft to my head and was scooped out of the bottom of the big bowl at the skatepark unconciouse(sp?), luckily my bike is ok except for some minor scrapes. remember to wear your helmets, its alot cheaper than brain surgery and whatnot

Freeriding Feline

Whoa

Feel better, glad you're okay.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

kona-tize me captain
    word dude, glad to hear u can still function man. goodluck on your recovery.what type of helmet were u wearing?full face?skate lid? what brand to im lookin for a new one and it seems liek urs protects well haha. i always were my helmet after i heard some girl fell of a curb on a scooter onto her head and got severe brain damage.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Apr 2006
    Yeah I need to buy a good helmet soon. I haven't got my bike yet, but I ordered it yesturday

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    yeah thanks, i was just wearing a skatelid, the bell factions, on jensonusa for $30, best $30 ever spent. never riding lidless again, even if i wanted to and didnt kill myself my parents would definetly kill me. factions work great and look dope, so i definetly recommend them

Members who have read this thread: 0