xc or trail-oriented helmet with useful adjustable visor?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

xc or trail-oriented helmet with useful adjustable visor?

I know Giro has one, but I'm looking for a better fit. Any brands with useful adjustable visors? The two Giros I tried had flimsy visors that seemed like afterthoughts.

mtbr member
    Poc and Urge have nice trail helmets, I love my Giro Feature though, Not sure how adjustable the visor is on the Urge.

mtbr member
    If you are refering to the Urge Enduro-Matic, then the adjustability is on/off.

However, due to the design, it might be feasable to cut out a custom sized visor and use the exisiting hardware?

Carbon or Commie?
    I know you said 'no' to Giro... but my Hex has a useful, adjustable visor. It's a little "flimsy", but also doesn't mind when I smack it on trees/rocks/car doors.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    May have to take a relook at Giro, specifically the Hex. Met up with two all-mountain riders last night and both were wearing the Hex. Seems every helmet has pitiful visors or non-adjustable visors, and after my ride where the retention dial had to be loosened so the lid could be slid down to block the blinding sun thus allowing the non-adjustable visor to block the sun....then loosening it to readjust back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by axisofoil View Post
    I know you said 'no' to Giro... but my Hex has a useful, adjustable visor. It's a little "flimsy", but also doesn't mind when I smack it on trees/rocks/car doors.

Carbon or Commie?
    Do you wear sunglasses?

Not sure where exactly you are. But in AZ... visors don't do jack for keeping the light out. They just keep the sun off your forhead. A nice pair of maui jim lighthouses fix the light problem real quick... and they're lightweight too!

To adjust the visor on the hex up/down, I just reach up and pull it up or down. No loosening or tightening required afaik.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    On the mtb I usually wear clear lenses because the light changes so much due to tree cover then exposed side hill then into a long valley with a lot of shade and then back into...you get the picture. Plus it seems this time of year all the rides end up finishing to the West at around sunset. Earlier in the year my non-adjustable visor was perfect for keeping the burning sun off my forehead when our rides weren't so time dependent on the sunset and the big ball of fire was more overhead instead of in the line of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by axisofoil View Post
    Do you wear sunglasses?

Not sure where exactly you are. But in AZ... visors don't do jack for keeping the light out. They just keep the sun off your forhead. A nice pair of maui jim lighthouses fix the light problem real quick... and they're lightweight too!

To adjust the visor on the hex up/down, I just reach up and pull it up or down. No loosening or tightening required afaik.

Carbon or Commie?
    I see...

We don't have those silly tree things around here. A good visor is probably a much better solution for you then.

Members who have read this thread: 0