Women's Sunglasses- Mtbr.com
    high pivot witchcraft

Women's Sunglasses

What are the front runners these days functionally and style wise for women's biking sunglasses? Are Oakleys still among the preferred brands? My daughter is turning 17 shortly. I need to start thinking about some gifts.

Ideally I would like to find something good on the trail that can double up for casual wear.

Any suggestions re brands and specific models would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

turtles make me hot
    I like turtles

9 lives
    Everyday sunglasses look great and are trendy but don't function as well as those designed for active sports... at least that's what I have found. There is a compromise when combining 2 lifestyles. I have not found a brand of everyday sunglasses (even Oakely's which I love) that don't slide off my nose when I'm biking or running. I've always had to separate sport vs everyday wear sunglasses.

Here's a link for Oakleys (they are pricey) but they served me well (I've had my prizm's trail glasses for a couple years now)
    Women's Sunglasses, Goggles and Apparel | Oakley® USA

Sunglasses are an individual choice. You might also consider a gift certificate for a brand and let your daughter choose the style that suits her
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Tifosi makes a lot of their frames in different sizes, which could provide more options.

But>>> Picking out sunglasses for your 17 yo daughter seems like a high percentage way to waste money... keep the receipt.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Everyday sunglasses look great and are trendy but don't function as well as those designed for active sports... at least that's what I have found. There is a compromise when combining 2 lifestyles. I have not found a brand of everyday sunglasses (even Oakely's which I love) that don't slide off my nose when I'm biking or running. I've always had to separate sport vs everyday wear sunglasses.

Here's a link for Oakleys (they are pricey) but they served me well (I've had my prizm's trail glasses for a couple years now)
    Women's Sunglasses, Goggles and Apparel | Oakley® USA

Sunglasses are an individual choice. You might also consider a gift certificate for a brand and let your daughter choose the style that suits her
    Thanks. I stumbled across a couple of articles that you co-authored on this very point, which were useful.

I have about 5 pair of sunglasses (Oakley's and Smiths), all of which are bike friendly. I can wear only one pair with a suit though (the rest are way too sports oriented). Those same pair just happen to be my favorites all round, so they are what I wear most often biking as well. They slide down my nose a bit but whatever. I love those glasses and they have faithfully accompanied me to Moab a dozen or more times, Whistler a dozen or more times, and a ton of other places. If I ever lose/break them, I will literally cry.

I am kinda hoping to find a pair like that for her -- ones that straddle both the biking, the casual and even the more formal worlds.

I have a good little situation going on at my LBS, return-wise and price-wise. They have a bunch of different brands, including Oakleys, Smiths and Ryders. My daughter likes me to pick things out for her, so she has something tangible when she opens her gifts, apart from just a bunch of GCs. I will take a shot at some Oakleys. I will plan to spend some time on her birthday (or the next day) at the LBS So she can try on some different pairs to see what she likes best.

Thanks again.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    Tifosi makes a lot of their frames in different sizes, which could provide more options.

But>>> Picking out sunglasses for your 17 yo daughter seems like a high percentage way to waste money... keep the receipt.
    My LBS has Tifosis too! Thx.

L1MEY
    Oakley quarter jackets are the only good ones I have found that aren't too big for my face. They stay on well during biking, running, skiing etc. I have a different pair for wearing as casual glasses as the quarter jackets are definitely sports glasses and look stupid with my office clothes.

- Jen
    Ride like a girl! :cornut: