Women's shoes that go to eleven?- Mtbr.com
    Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004

Women's shoes that go to eleven?

NuMexDonna needs some new shoes. Before I go further, let me assure you I first got her permission to give her stats here on the web (never understood the stigma women associate with having big feet...). Anyway, her already-large size 10s grew to (women's) 11 when she had our daughter. That's equivalent to a size 43, yet it seems manufacturers stop at 42 in their women's line of MTB shoes. Buying mens shoes is out, as she's also cursed with narrow feet (11AA). Anyone know of a brand that she should be looking for? Her current Diadora Chilis are about used up. Thanks ladies,
    - Joe

Glue Sniffer
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    (never understood the stigma women associate with having big feet...)
    Well, you know how men's shoe sizes are associated with big wangs...

I've got no advice on finding large shoes. My husband is a 15 (oh yeah!), so the only bit I've learned from his experiences is that when you find a cycling shoe that fits, buy a couple pairs.
    Cats just don't feel safe on a moving bicycle, no matter how much duct tape you use.

Bored Carp

you could always go custom...

It is a pandora's box of pricey shoe joy, but man, are you stoked every time you put them on. Just think of it as a piece of equipment that affects performance as much as a suspension fork, and costs approx the same amount.

www.rocket7.com

;-) chuky
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Nothing here
    This one goes to eleven.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sidi's!!!! They're available in wmn's up to 43 and a variety of widths. I wear men's Sidi Dominator 5 in 43, regular width. They also come in narrow & mega (wide). Yeah they're pricey, but light and so comfy-- like freakin' gloves for your feet! My two (albeit minor) complaints are that 1) little flowers get stuck in the buckle, and 2) the sole could be grippier for the occasional dab and hike-a-bike. Donna can try on Dominators at Supergo (Performance). The fit should be cozy/snug but not tight. Watch for sales at online sources like Speedgoat.
    http://www.sidiusa.com/

mtbr member since 1997
    No advice, just sympathy. I wear 11.5 or men's 44 but in regular width (I've stopped bothering to look for women's riding shoes for a LONG time). It's super frustrating to find shoes that fit properly--most men's shoes are too wide for even my regular width feet, but some models do work better: I've had luck with Diadora's and Shimano (hit and miss). I think I'm going to follow Catzilla's advice and buy 2 pairs next time I find a good fitting shoe (for riding or street wear).
    Mary Ann
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the mastery of it (to paraphrase Mark Twain).

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    NuMexDonna needs some new shoes. Before I go further, let me assure you I first got her permission to give her stats here on the web (never understood the stigma women associate with having big feet...). Anyway, her already-large size 10s grew to (women's) 11 when she had our daughter. That's equivalent to a size 43, yet it seems manufacturers stop at 42 in their women's line of MTB shoes. Buying mens shoes is out, as she's also cursed with narrow feet (11AA). Anyone know of a brand that she should be looking for? Her current Diadora Chilis are about used up. Thanks ladies,
    - Joe
    I just scored a pair of Diadora Women's Chilis at Performance for $49.98, which is half price last week. I didn't notice if they had any 43's. I too have narrow feet, and this will be my third pair of Chilis. If they ever discontinue this shoe, I'll be up the proverbial unsanitary tributary with no means of locomotion. I can get away with Specialized's women's shoes for the road bike, but for off-road, everything but the Chilis are too wide.

Kathy
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownrash
    This one goes to eleven.
    Thanks Rash. This post was screaming for a spinal tap reference.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Thanks all! Donna could be the second coming of Imelda Marcos, so I will not be passing along the idea of getting the custom shoes from rocket7! Kathy, the Chilis at Performance only go up to 41, but it sounds like you got a great deal. I didn't know Sidi offered a 43, so I'll suggest she try on some Rampas next time we're down in ABQ. Oh, and Maida7, the post already had a Spinal Tap reference; my original subject line was not a coincidence. Thx again,
    - Joe

Slothful dirt hippie
    I'm watching this thread closely since my own terminally narrow flippers are slowly stretching out to 11. Women's shoe makers despirately need to reconsider their size cutoff, as I know a LOT of gals wearing the same boat(s). I just ordered Cannondale's decendant of the Arago in 10.5 since I found them on sale and available at Performance and the old falling apart pair I have are some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned for ANYTHING.... I'm now kicking myself for not stashing away a couple extra pairs as Catzilla suggested.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

cyclemaven.net

FYI, Sidi's run small

I truly believe that Sidi makes some of the best shoes on the market. That said, just know that they tend to run a size smaller than most other shoes.
    Donate now!
    I'm a roadie this year for AIDS LifeCycle. Find out more by going here:
    http://girlmeetsbike.org

mtbr member

I wear a ladies 43 Sidi Rampa

They are a bit tight. I need to keep my nails trimmed and can't wear the Woolie Boolies.
    Picked them up cheap!
    I'm a guy.

Members who have read this thread: 0