womens helmet?- Mtbr.com

Thread: womens helmet?

Oct 2007

womens helmet?

is it really necessary to purchase a female fit helmet? they seem to be more expensive and harder to find. I'm all for it if it is worth the extra money but I'm having trouble finding any that my fiance likes.

Bored Carp
    no. they are not necessary.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Mar 2007
    there is a couple of good ones in ocala.

ocala bicycle center sells trek/gary fisher and santos bike shop sells special-ed and giant-orbea. both are good shops with outstanding people.

Mar 2008
    I tried several WSD helmets and none of them fit me right. I even have a pretty small head. I ended up getting a smaller regular helmet and it works perfectly. Just try on several and have someone help you pick one out- in case they see something that you don't.

mtbr member

Hope

I've tried so hard to find a wsd helmet that fits right. I seem to kinda have a fat head so I have had to go with mens helmets they seem to be not so short in the length so they do not rub on my forehead. Love the colors and paterns available tho....

Apr 2008
    I just tried to buy a new helmet at two LBS but couldn't find one I liked in my size and a color I wanted.
    I did find that some of them are not ponytail compatible, however. The guy at one of the stores told me I needed a WSD helmet to get that, but not true as some of the unisex had a large enough opening in the back for a ponytail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorwheels
    is it really necessary to purchase a female fit helmet? they seem to be more expensive and harder to find. I'm all for it if it is worth the extra money but I'm having trouble finding any that my fiance likes.
    lol....women have different heads too? who knew.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have a tiny pinhead. Before I got my WSD helmet I had a kids helmet that came with stickers. Fun, but I was happy to get a grownup helmet for a change. And yes, ponytail compatible is an added bonus for me!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I couldn't find a WSD helmet I liked...I think I've got a big head though. I ended up with a Fox Flux, it's super comfy!

Members who have read this thread: 0