Winter Riding Clothes ? (Gloves/shoes)- Mtbr.com
    Binge Rider

New question here. Winter Riding Clothes ? (Gloves/shoes)

Winter has arrived here in the Motherland. Need some suggestions on winter gloves & shoes. I've been using my regular riding gloves but the coldness is getting through too easy into my fingers. I would like something medium weight but mainly won't loose feeling of the bars, levers, and shifters. The climate here is now wet & cold. Also any thoughts on booties? Don't really want to buy winter riding shoess; anyone using booties with any success? Thanks -
    "Courage is fear holding on a minute longer" General Patton

CAUTION: ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION CONFUSES ME

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by Spine Shank
    Winter has arrived here in the Motherland. Need some suggestions on winter gloves & shoes. I've been using my regular riding gloves but the coldness is getting through too easy into my fingers. I would like something medium weight but mainly won't loose feeling of the bars, levers, and shifters. The climate here is now wet & cold. Also any thoughts on booties? Don't really want to buy winter riding shoess; anyone using booties with any success? Thanks -
    I don't have any good recommendations on gloves - most of mine are mostly close-out purchases never to be seen again. But, for feet, I recommend a pair of smartwool socks under Gore-Tex socks. This does require you have enough room in your shoes for thick socks, but the Gore-Tex socks don't take up much room. This has been my staple winter footwear for several years, and I'm good to the mid teens, temperature-wise.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...berId=12500226

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

Binge Rider
    Sounds good but my cleats are a perfect fit using a cycling sock with not much room to bear. Are the wool socks any thicker than normal. I think they would be.
    "Courage is fear holding on a minute longer" General Patton

CAUTION: ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION CONFUSES ME

Members who have read this thread: 0