Winter Gloves that grip shifters won't destroy- Mtbr.com

Dec 2005

New question here. Winter Gloves that grip shifters won't destroy

Hello all

Here is my question. 2 years ago I bought AXO Storms. Nice glove. Good grip and warm enough for almost any NE weather condition. (When it really gets cold I break out the AM-Fibs, really bulky but very warm) Problem is/was the area between the thumb and first finger wore threw halfway thru my first season. (Weekend rider) So my wife cut up an old road glove I had and started patching. Then the finger tips went, so my wife did more repairs. Then she got sick of sewing so I broke out the hockey tape and started wrapping.

Its now the start of season three and there is more tape then fabric and I really need a new pair. Any suggestions are more then welcome. I really need a durable pair for fall/winter/spring riding that won't fall apart after a few twists of my Grip Shifters.

Specialized MX Winter Glove and the new SealSkinz Waterproof Winter Mountain Bike Glove look nice but will they last??

Thanks in advance for all replies.

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    I have never bought a pair of MTB specific gloves that have lasted for any length of time. So I started using mechanics gloves and will never go back. Lowe's has some really good gloves in the tool section made by "Cobalt". They are around 20$ and are outstanding. I have yet to wear them out. Also, "Ironclad" makes some excellent gloves that will outlast anything found in your LBS. http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/ironcladgloves.html
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    AXO/661 gloves fall apart quickly. I've gone thru a couple pairs, and they all got that hole between the thumb and index finger.

Mechanic's gloves don't fit my hands well at all. My favorites are Thor motocross gloves -- excellent fit, excellent durability, cheaper than mtb gloves.

Dec 2005
    Great Idea guys. Thanks!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0