• 12-02-2016
    SteveF
    Winte gloves with padding?
    Can anyone recommend a good cold weather glove that has palm padding similar to what you'd find in a summer glove? Looking for decent insulation and wind-proofness, comfortable down to freezing or even a bit below. (if it gets that cold, I usually use pogies)
  • 12-02-2016
    fleboz
    i find any heavy cross-county ski gloves work well. for more padding look at snow/ski "park gloves or terrain park gloves"
  • 12-02-2016
    Red Rock
    I like my Pearl Izumi Softshell Gel gloves. If it gets below freezing, I add a thin liner.
  • 12-02-2016
    dbhammercycle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fleboz View Post
    i find any heavy cross-county ski gloves work well. for more padding look at snow/ski "park gloves or terrain park gloves"

I agree with this, I have a pair of Yoko Thermo gloves that work very well in the cold, but they are not padded. I have also used some cheaper work gloves from Home depot that had padding. I tend to like non padded, form fitted, pre-curled gloves. Ice climbing gloves work well for instance. I think there are a bunch of options though, from Pearl Izumi lobster mitts to Gore bike wear windstopper gloves to leather Ski patrol gloves (bunch of options there too). There are a few options for Pearlu Izumi gloves that have padding and windstopper material, I there was one called the Cyclone that had padding. I just got some One industries gloves from Chain Reaction that I hope will be good for the windy Fall and Spring seasons in MN.
  • 12-02-2016
    Smithhammer
    The 45N Sturmfists are great for cold Wx.

Bontrager RXL gloves are quite good as well.
  • 12-05-2016
    SteveF
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. Craft seems to offer a few interesting options-anyone tried them?
  • 12-05-2016
    Rone Turner
    Got some Specialized winter riding gloves a couple of years ago from my LBS. They are
    Wind proof, warm and have some good palm padding. The back has a little padding/insulation too. I use them below 40 deg. F., to mid 20s. My hands sweat in them on long rides, but they're the best cold riding gloves I've used. Below those temps I use my big motorcycle gloves.
  • 12-06-2016
    eshew
    Camel back cold weather gloves. Fantastic.