Wide Winter MTB shoes comparable to SIDI megas?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Wide Winter MTB shoes comparable to SIDI megas?

My summer shoe is a SIDI dominator mega size 13. Unfortunately the winter MTB shoe from sidi (Diablo GTX) does not come in mega width.

Anyone out there that normally wears SIDI megas have a winter shoe that fits similarly? Do you have to size up 1/2 or a full size? At 48, it is usually full sizes so in most cases 48 1/2 doesn't even exist.

I normally hate to "size up" because I feel like I'm wearing clown shoes with a big empty space in front of my toes that will most likely rub on the front wheel.

Thanks!

Former Bike Wrench
    Lake MXZ 302 comes in EE width up to size 50

mtbr member
    The Lake MXZ302 looks a bit overkill for me - If only the MX140 came in EE....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have a pair of "cold weather" Sidis that are a full size bigger than my "warm weather" sidis, allowing room for a pair of moderately-thick wool socks in the winter. The thing that helps the most to keep my feet warm is a nice pair of winter riding tights (I got Crafts). You can also try Windstopper or neoprene socks.

Klydesdale
    Feb 2005
    Sidi 48 megas are my preferred riding shoes. A few years back, a friend let me try on his pair of Answer Kashmirs in a 48. They actually fit my 13EEE pretty well with midweight Smartwool socks so I bought a pair. To be able to use a thicker sock comfortably, I used a shoe stretcher to widen up the toe box. Because the Kashmirs are made of leather they stretched pretty well. They aren't as heavily insulated as the Lake MXZ302 so I use a heavy wool sock with a toe warmer for riding when temps drop into the 20's. Between uses I put shoe trees in them to keep the leather from shrinking back down.

Members who have read this thread: 0