Wide Width Shoes- Mtbr.com

Feb 2005

Wide Width Shoes

Hi All !!!

I'm looking for a wide width MTB shoe. Does it exist??? or Should I start the ancient chinese art of foot binding so I can find a good fitting shoe???

Thanks

mtbr member

Lake Does

Quote Originally Posted by mrStanMan
    Hi All !!!

I'm looking for a wide width MTB shoe. Does it exist??? or Should I start the ancient chinese art of foot binding so I can find a good fitting shoe???

Thanks
    Lake does!
    Lake mx 220

Dec 2004
    See if you can find a pair of Diadora Geckos or Sidi Dominator V Mega (pricey)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by J-RAD
    Lake does!
    Lake mx 220
    I wear a 10 EE, I have used lace up Diadora gecko'sand jalapenos, for the last 6 months sidi Mega IMO they are worth every dollar!

Feb 2005
    Thanks all for the replies I'll check them out

mtbr member

Sidi MEGA

I had the same problem, not long feet (size 43), but shoes all too tight and ended up hurting my feet...

Until I found some Sidi Dominator 4 MEGA. You must get the MEGA, model which is wider than the standard Sidi. They are a little pricy, however who cares when all other shoes squash your feet. Trust me, if you have feet like me you WILL NOT be disappointed!

I tried about 4 other brands and nothing else fit!

Jul 2004
    Have the same problem. Only thing is I can't find the Mega from SIDI. I don't want to buy on-line as shoes are very personal and the LBS don't have them in stock.

mtbr member
    I live in Australia and took the risk, I couldn't find the megas ANYWHERE here in Oz, the LBS could get them in, but was going to cost something around AU$400 a pair!!! I figured, if you get them brand new, and they dont fit right, you can sell them as new shoes on ebay again and you SHOULD get around the same money back. I tried Specialized, Northwave, Shimano, and these Sidi Megas kill all of them for comfort..

Jul 2004
    I'm currently using SIDI MTB Bullet size 44 with cycling socks and my toes feel a little numb after an hour or so. I don't have much space at the toe part of my shoes and I feel that
    the width of the shoes is also a factor as I feel it is a little bit tight. Mind you the sensation only comes after some heavy pedalling where the legs swell due to the blood circulation.

I have decided to get another pair of MTB shoes but the SIDI Mega models are not available locally. One option is to go 1 size bigger, i.e. Size 45 and give my toes some breathing space. Second option is to order online the SIDI Mega from the states.

As for the width, does the width of the shoes increase slightly if you go 1 size larger?

Between SIDI excluding the Mega models, Shimano, Carnac and Nike MTB shoes, which brand has a wider width?

Thanks mates.