wide shoes?- Mtbr.com

Thread: wide shoes?

mtbr member
    Nov 2003

Bonking ... not feelin' well wide shoes?

I am looking to replace my old Diadora's, size 43. I ordered some new Diadora Habaneros, size 43 but these are not as wide and are somewhat longer. At present, I am trying to track down some SIDIs, as I heard that they come in different widths. However, I have only seen size designations (no width) on websites and on the boxes at the shops. Any help is appreciated.

Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GaborH
    I am looking to replace my old Diadora's, size 43. I ordered some new Diadora Habaneros, size 43 but these are not as wide and are somewhat longer. At present, I am trying to track down some SIDIs, as I heard that they come in different widths. However, I have only seen size designations (no width) on websites and on the boxes at the shops. Any help is appreciated.
    What you need to be asking for are the Sidi shoes in 43 (MEGA) Mega is the Sidi designator for a wider shoe. I dont need the Mega's, but I doubt I will ride another shoe. Like a glove, out of the box. My first pair, I bolted on cleats, and on the first ride, i rode from Anchorage to Seward. No hotspots, no blisters, No discomfort from new shoes. 4 years later, I am just now in my second pair. I still have the old ones, and they are still servicable. If you have the cabbage, you will not regret it. Later.

Jan 2004
    www.excelsports.com has the Sidi MEGA's in all sizes.

Keep The Rubber Side Down

my experience has been

Quote Originally Posted by GaborH
    That Diadora, Specialized, and NorthWave make the widest shoes. Stay away from anyone else. I wear size 48 and am limited to those three companies for that reason, I can't find any wide enough to fit other than from those companies.

Good luck
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

Dec 2003
    Yeah, I have big(47) wide, feet, and I love my northwave's. I bought them on clearance from nashbar for $30(size 47 only). Stay away from shimano, and a prevoius poster said specialized, but I can not stand the way they feel on my feet.
    Peace
    John

Jan 2004
    Carnacs have a nice wide toe box... not cheap but very good

mtbr member
    Lake also has a couple of models in wide widths. Check on Performance Bike's website. They normally have them in stock.

mtbr member
    I wear 48 wides and get decent comfort from a pair of Shimano shoes. I also have Specialized and Diadoras (not sure of the model) and they're actually a little narrower. Worth a look.
    A man is only a man, but a good bicycle is a ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I wear 43's and I have a wide foot with avery low arch. Shimano's work great for me (almost any of the Shimano MTB shoes that is). For even btter fit, i get and aftermarket insert.

aka Willy Vanilly
    I've had good luck with Pearl Izumi shoes. Decent price and good customer sevice
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
    E. F. Schumacher

sXe

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I have wide feet

Shimano M221, Pearl Izumi Vapor, Carnac and Time fit me. But I find Carnac mtb shoes to be heavy and not as durable as their road counterpart, and Time mtb shoes are ugly beyond belief.

Check the size, of course. I wear a 44 in Shimano but a 43 in my Time Equipe Pros and Vapors.

Members who have read this thread: 0