Wide shoes?

Printable View

• 09-16-2009
    techy101
    Wide shoes?
    So I've pretty much given up on this, but this seems like a good place to ask.

For shoes, I size in at a US Mens 12 6E (actually a tiny bit below 6E, but well above 4E). That's with my insoles under my feet; without them I'm at 6E:madman: . I've had zero luck finding shoes that fit perfectly. It seems like people who make cycling shoes think wide feet are some kind of mystical fairytale.

I picked up a pair of Sidi Dominator 5 Mega-Wide shoes a few weeks ago, and they fit fairly well. Much better than anything else I've ever tried, but they're still not really comfortable. You can see the sides of my foot on both sides pushing fairly hard against the shoe.

So when I can get over the obscene bill for these shoes, is there somewhere else to look?
  • 09-16-2009
    tenbsmith
    I'm using the Sidi Dominator Megas too. They are very comfortable and have been durable for me. My feet are wide, but not as wide as yours.

They are the most expensive shoes I've ever owned.

Wish I knew of other side riding shoes....
  • 09-16-2009
    techy101
    I couldn't believe the price when I saw it. But at this point I feel like they were/are my only option...
  • 09-16-2009
    I'm in sunny calif and I wear the nashbar sandals from may thru oct.
    very confortable and I ride 100 mtn bike miles per week
    I have wide feet and use the sidi mega or lake (wide) in the winter
  • 09-17-2009
    Slow Eddie
    Lakes and Carnacs have traditionally wider toe boxes; comparable to Megas, but the feel is...different.

In the long run, custom shoes might be something to consider...