wide (eee) bike shoes- Mtbr.com

Jun 2008

wide (eee) bike shoes

Hi all,

Being a "big boned" person I need an extra wide shoe. I am looking for an extra wide mountain bike shoe. This weekend I went to every bikeshop around me and have found that the bike shoes they all carry all run narrow. Are there any bike shoes the come in a wide?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Sidi makes or at least used to make a "Mega" version of some models of their shoes which was wider. I have some version of Dominators that are wider.
    I haven't owned any but Shimano made some that I've tried on that felt pretty good.

I've been thinking of trying to find some new shoes and since I jacked my ankle, I'm figuring that it'll take awhile to hunt some down.

Good luck.
    Bikes=Sanity

Sep 2006
    i wear sidi mega's with no problem and my shoe size is 11 EEEE.

mtbr member
    Another vote here for Sidi Dominator Mega's...as long as I wear thin socks...no problems. I normally wear size EEE shoes.

BIG and Bald
    I'm a 4E-5E and I've had good luck with the Specialized Tahoe. The Shimano lace up hiker type boot is a good choice as well. I can only wear the ones with laces though. None of the velcroed or strapped shoes would come close to fitting.
    "Don't neever gave up..."

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Are the Sidi dominator megas that wide? I generally wear a normal width sneaker that feels very comfy. I picked up a set of Sidi Dominators and they feel tight at my arches. They do feel good when riding but feel horrid when I have to do any walking in them. I was going to order a set of megas but this makes me seem they will be too wide.

BIG and Bald
    Are you aware that the soles of cycling shoes are substantially stiffer than regular street shoes? Maybe this is the problem. If so, try on some of the hiker type bike shoes available.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBallKY
    Are you aware that the soles of cycling shoes are substantially stiffer than regular street shoes? Maybe this is the problem. If so, try on some of the hiker type bike shoes available.
    Yes, I know they are very stiff. The issue is at the arches ( I have very flat feet) I can see the side of the shoes pushing out and the shoes just feel really narrow. And as for trying other clipless style shoes I don't think I have much of an option at size 16 took me a very long time to find out that Sidi's came in that size (52Eur) I just think the older dominators 04 are narrow maybe a B width

Jun 2008
    Can someone please post a link of these hiking bike shoes? I have only found the more "racing" style kind. Hope that made sence. I am using flat, bmx style pedles for now, but want a shoe with a stiffer sole.

Thanks,
    Dan

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Lake offers a wide version of most of their shoes. I have their old MX220's and newer MX190's and they are really comfortable. They fit my EEE feet much better than Sidi Megas. I used the Mega's for 6 years and loved the quality but they just weren't wide enough.

BIG and Bald
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeohgee
    Can someone please post a link of these hiking bike shoes? I have only found the more "racing" style kind. Hope that made sence. I am using flat, bmx style pedles for now, but want a shoe with a stiffer sole.

Thanks,
    Dan
    These are the ones I have .... http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP...jsp?spid=33727

I have had these. Really loved 'em. http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...untain%20Shoes

WANT A PAIR OF THESE!!!! http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP...jsp?spid=26114

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Sidi Dominator mega or Rocket 7 custom.
    http://www.rocket7.com/shoes.htm

Members who have read this thread: 1