wicking skull cap- Mtbr.com
    Positively negative
    Mar 2010

wicking skull cap

I know it's the wrong time of year to be thinking about it, at least in some parts of the country (though it was 86 here today), but I'm looking for a skull cap to solve two problems.

First, I sweat excessively and need something to keep the sweat out of my eyes. I have been using a Halo headband which works ok, but I still have to stop and wring it out a few times a ride in the summer heat.

Second, I keep my hair (what's left of it) very short and tend to get burned on top of my head and want something to help with that. Though I will say I'm not specifically looking for something made specifically to block the sun, sweat management is the main goal.

Does anyone know of a very light skull cap that will help keep the sweat running down my head without trying to cook my brain?

mtbr member
    Halo makes one. Something that works as well as the halo strip, but doesn't get saturated.... will be pretty damn thick.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_papa_nuts View Post
    I know it's the wrong time of year to be thinking about it, at least in some parts of the country (though it was 86 here today), but I'm looking for a skull cap to solve two problems.

First, I sweat excessively and need something to keep the sweat out of my eyes. I have been using a Halo headband which works ok, but I still have to stop and wring it out a few times a ride in the summer heat.

Second, I keep my hair (what's left of it) very short and tend to get burned on top of my head and want something to help with that. Though I will say I'm not specifically looking for something made specifically to block the sun, sweat management is the main goal.

Does anyone know of a very light skull cap that will help keep the sweat running down my head without trying to cook my brain?
    This is what I use. Works perfectly and helps keep me cool as it wicks the sweat away. I also sweat excessively and can't ride without one or my eyes will burn from sweat.
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...rap/pid1254900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Buff. Use them at work under a hardhat and for everything outdoors until temps get around freezing and the beanies come out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I use a Halo skull cap and another product in combo. Can't think of the name now but it might be something like "Sweatbuster". The "Sweatbuster" is a massive thick pad, you could probably DIY with a maxi-pad, that Velcro in place to the forehead position of your helmet liner. Similar to your experience, I had to wring out the Halo during rides, but adding the "Sweatbuster" solved the sweat problem for me. Do a search for the sweatbuster on MTBR and you will find a thread or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I live in Phoenix and sweat a lot. I used to use several of the products mentioned, but have switched entirely to Sweatbusters. Much, much more effective product though it does nothing to shield your cranium from the sun. I suppose you could use it in conjunction with a skullcap like X Armor or whatever.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

Rent this space for $
    Custom Performance Wear | SweatVac Performance Wear

I have several, now and wear it every time I put my moto helmet or bike helmet on.

Name:  Sweatvac-Ventilator-Black-Black.png
Views: 265
Size:  94.1 KB

mtbr member
    It won't help for sunburn but for sweat, I've found nothing better than the Sweatbuster.

Trax Factory - The Orignal Sweat Buster - Bike, Climbing, Hard Hat, Welding and Harness Helmet Sweat Absorbtion System

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I tried most of the rest, then got the best:
    Assos roboFoil Cap - Hats & Caps | Competitive Cyclist
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS (loaned out)
    A road bike