wicking skull cap

Printable View

• 02-18-2017
    big_papa_nuts
    wicking skull cap
    I know it's the wrong time of year to be thinking about it, at least in some parts of the country (though it was 86 here today), but I'm looking for a skull cap to solve two problems.

First, I sweat excessively and need something to keep the sweat out of my eyes. I have been using a Halo headband which works ok, but I still have to stop and wring it out a few times a ride in the summer heat.

Second, I keep my hair (what's left of it) very short and tend to get burned on top of my head and want something to help with that. Though I will say I'm not specifically looking for something made specifically to block the sun, sweat management is the main goal.

Does anyone know of a very light skull cap that will help keep the sweat running down my head without trying to cook my brain?
  • 02-18-2017
    d365
    Halo makes one. Something that works as well as the halo strip, but doesn't get saturated.... will be pretty damn thick.
  • 02-18-2017
    coolhand80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by big_papa_nuts View Post
    I know it's the wrong time of year to be thinking about it, at least in some parts of the country (though it was 86 here today), but I'm looking for a skull cap to solve two problems.

First, I sweat excessively and need something to keep the sweat out of my eyes. I have been using a Halo headband which works ok, but I still have to stop and wring it out a few times a ride in the summer heat.

Second, I keep my hair (what's left of it) very short and tend to get burned on top of my head and want something to help with that. Though I will say I'm not specifically looking for something made specifically to block the sun, sweat management is the main goal.

Does anyone know of a very light skull cap that will help keep the sweat running down my head without trying to cook my brain?

This is what I use. Works perfectly and helps keep me cool as it wicks the sweat away. I also sweat excessively and can't ride without one or my eyes will burn from sweat.
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...rap/pid1254900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 02-19-2017
    OwenM
    Buff. Use them at work under a hardhat and for everything outdoors until temps get around freezing and the beanies come out.
  • 02-19-2017
    cjsb
    I use a Halo skull cap and another product in combo. Can't think of the name now but it might be something like "Sweatbuster". The "Sweatbuster" is a massive thick pad, you could probably DIY with a maxi-pad, that Velcro in place to the forehead position of your helmet liner. Similar to your experience, I had to wring out the Halo during rides, but adding the "Sweatbuster" solved the sweat problem for me. Do a search for the sweatbuster on MTBR and you will find a thread or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 02-19-2017
    Blatant
    I live in Phoenix and sweat a lot. I used to use several of the products mentioned, but have switched entirely to Sweatbusters. Much, much more effective product though it does nothing to shield your cranium from the sun. I suppose you could use it in conjunction with a skullcap like X Armor or whatever.
  • 02-19-2017
    Oh My Sack!
    1 Attachment(s)
    Custom Performance Wear | SweatVac Performance Wear

I have several, now and wear it every time I put my moto helmet or bike helmet on.

Attachment 1122348
  • 02-19-2017
    JNKER
    It won't help for sunburn but for sweat, I've found nothing better than the Sweatbuster.

Trax Factory - The Orignal Sweat Buster - Bike, Climbing, Hard Hat, Welding and Harness Helmet Sweat Absorbtion System
  • 02-20-2017
    anthdan
    1 Attachment(s)
    Headsweats
  • 02-22-2017
    BmanInTheD
    I tried most of the rest, then got the best:
    Assos roboFoil Cap - Hats & Caps | Competitive Cyclist
  • 02-22-2017
    siata94