Why are MTBers so threatened by Lycra?- Mtbr.com

View Poll Results: Why are MTBers so threatened by Lycra?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't want saddle sores to go away

    1 1.47%
  • Do these pants make me look fat?

    14 20.59%
  • Can't figure out where to stash balls when wearing them

    26 38.24%
  • Sexual identity confusion

    27 39.71%
Results 1 to 107 of 107
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,947

    Why are MTBers so threatened by Lycra?

    They keep the padding in it's place, enhance rippling leg muscles, and SuLing once said that I looked good in Lycra.

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: JrockFeltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    deleted wrong account

  3. #3
    caninus xerophilous
    Reputation: SunDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,741
    I developed an acute case of lycra-phobia back in the 80's when for some reason it was vouge for chubby chicks to squeeze themeselves into lycra and then go out strolling in public places.

    Bleach!

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: JrockFeltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    deleted wrong account

    sweet, so mods have the power to log into to peoples account and post as them?

    I didn't post that chit.

    Hopefully you guys didn't read all the incriminating pm's.

    Please feel free pass my login info to all your friends too!

  5. #5
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,251
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    I developed an acute case of lycra-phobia back in the 80's when for some reason it was vouge for chubby chicks to squeeze themeselves into lycra and then go out strolling in public places.

    Bleach!
    I think SunDog is mixing up mtb'ing with http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/.

    I get free copies of Bicycle Magazine, and its driving me nuts how their sole coverage of mtb'ing is of racers on hard-tails doing non-techy trails on carbon bikes that would be worthless after 1 run down National. I feel threatened by fit dudes with shaved legs cause they make me feel slow and old and irrelevant, handsome tenors that ladies swoon for, and the Cookie Monster. lycra-phobia is all about Sesame Street and opera.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation: JrockFeltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    Have you seen most of the dowhillers on Somo? That would a pretty ugly sight in spandex.

  7. #7
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    I fail to see the Cookie Monster makes you feel slow, old and irrelevant.




  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    I think SunDog is mixing up mtb'ing with http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/.

    I get free copies of Bicycle Magazine, and its driving me nuts how their sole coverage of mtb'ing is of racers on hard-tails doing non-techy trails on carbon bikes that would be worthless after 1 run down National. I feel threatened by fit dudes with shaved legs cause they make me feel slow and old and irrelevant, handsome tenors that ladies swoon for, and the Cookie Monster. lycra-phobia is all about Sesame Street and opera.
    Jason, I think I speak for all of us on this forum, but please drunk-post more. I need these breaks throughout my day.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  9. #9
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    omigod...Lycra on hawt men? ohhhhhh my! Accentuates the thighs, calves...butt...er...
    Anyway...where was I? On the right build...it's glorious. Oh...and even better on fit dudes with shaved legs! And I also think that chicklets can look particularly hawt in it too!

    I hope it doesn't make my butt look too fat...
    ~~~

  10. #10
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,347
    Cyclists are dorks and are always arguing about who is less dorky. Dogging other cyclists is just a way to take the focus off your own wilbur-ness. We're all riding bicycles. We consider going 40 MPH "screaming downhill." And bouncing off a 36" tall rock is "shredding the gnar." Imagine how lame that sounds to someone who's into base jumping, drag racing or flying fighter jets. Imagine how that sounds to real men.


  11. #11
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    Spandex is not a right...it's a privlidge.




  12. #12
    suvlako
    Reputation: suvlako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    525
    With all due respect, doing 40mph on a DH rig and "sending it" is right up their with Drag racing and fighter jet flying. How do I know? Well I did stay at a Holiday inn express last night. No really, theirs no ejection handle on a bike or a four point harness to keep us safe as kittens. Mtber's are gnar! As for Spandex, as an associate said on another website, spandex is like religion. If you like it cool but keep it out of my face. When you go into a public place, would it kill to put some shorts on so I don't have to see your junk?

    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Cyclists are dorks and are always arguing about who is less dorky. Dogging other cyclists is just a way to take the focus off your own wilbur-ness. We're all riding bicycles. We consider going 40 MPH "screaming downhill." And bouncing off a 36" tall rock is "shredding the gnar." Imagine how lame that sounds to someone who's into base jumping, drag racing or flying fighter jets. Imagine how that sounds to real men.


  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation: JrockFeltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    With all due respect, doing 40mph on a DH rig and "sending it" is right up their with Drag racing and fighter jet flying. How do I know? Well I did stay at a Holiday inn express last night. No really, theirs no ejection handle on a bike or a four point harness to keep us safe as kittens. Mtber's are gnar! As for Spandex, as an associate said on another website, spandex is like religion. If you like it cool but keep it out of my face. When you go into a public place, would it kill to put some shorts on so I don't have to see your junk?

    ?

    Going downhill on a 9inch travel couch with 3.0 tires isn't exactly gnar.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    Ok thanks. I'm finally getting some clarity on this topic...

    1. Cookie Monster is a Lycra-phobe and is immasculating to Chollaball.
    2. This wouldn't be an issue at all if the Lycra set would just keep their junk out of the faces of DHers
    3. There needs to be a committee formed immediately to determine the who is Lycra worthy.

  15. #15
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    How about all Lycra users don codpieces? It was good enough for Henry VIII....his style could prolly translate well into the roadie set....

    And since it's good enough for Oderus Urungus from GWAR which I think is pretty Gnar....this style could be used by the DH set if they desire to wear Lycra....problem solved?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why are MTBers so threatened by Lycra?-398px-oderus-urungus-04.jpg  

    Why are MTBers so threatened by Lycra?-henry-vii.jpg  

    Last edited by Maadjurguer; 12-15-2009 at 12:17 PM.




  16. #16
    Got a suspension fork
    Reputation: randyharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,442
    You know it's a slow day when...
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,362
    indeed, slow day. I'm trying to think of an acronym. Can't figure out the L and Y.
    So far I have,
    L
    Y
    Cock
    Revealing
    Apparatus

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation: JrockFeltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,748
    If I hear Gnar or Epic one more time my fcuking head is going to explode!

  19. #19
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,251
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    If I hear Gnar or Epic one more time my fcuking head is going to explode!
    that would be a gnarly epic explosion!
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    that would be a gnarly epic explosion!
    And totally rad too.

    (It's fun talking like a snowboarder.)
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  21. #21
    Mike-e
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    indeed, slow day. I'm trying to think of an acronym. Can't figure out the L and Y.
    So far I have,
    L
    Y
    Cock
    Revealing
    Apparatus
    Lonely
    Yahoos
    Can't
    Ride
    Anything dirt

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    indeed, slow day. I'm trying to think of an acronym. Can't figure out the L and Y.
    So far I have,
    L
    Y
    Cock
    Revealing
    Apparatus
    Look Yo, Cock Revealing Apparatus
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  23. #23
    Need more cowbell
    Reputation: WhiskersOfDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Look Yo, Cock Revealing Apparatus
    we have a winner.....

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    This matter is more serious than I thought.
    Just now, on my way back from lunch, a lycra clad roadie rode by and nailed me in the face with his junk! Why the hell do they always do that??

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    238
    >>Can't figure out where to stash balls when wearing them

    Don't you all just tuck them into your socks like I do?

  26. #26
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    hrmmmmmmm.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why are MTBers so threatened by Lycra?-tea_bag_02.jpg  





  27. #27
    Two wheels are better
    Reputation: beardedstealth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    >>Can't figure out where to stash balls when wearing them

    Don't you all just tuck them into your socks like I do?
    No, you just pull them up and let your heart rate monitor keep them in place... duh!
    "There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one"

  28. #28
    Got a suspension fork
    Reputation: randyharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,442
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    As for Spandex, as an associate said on another website, spandex is like religion. If you like it cool but keep it out of my face. When you go into a public place, would it kill to put some shorts on so I don't have to see your junk?

    ?
    Then keep your eyes focused above my waist.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Look Yo, Cock Revealing Apparatus
    Lord , you and Tony got it going on , -------you guys are the Acronym Generator's .

    I like the freedom I get on the bike with lycra on ---( I can't get hung up on the shifters, fork knobs or the saddle like my baggie pants do )

    But I just do not have a good place to put my junk and the boys, and I look really stupid with this large thing sticking in all the wrong places for all to see.
    I look really stupid anyway , I do not need to make it worse .

    But I really don't care if others wear it , I wish I could .

    I really like lycra when the Girls or my oldlady wear it , thats when it looks good to me

  31. #31
    Dooosh!
    Reputation: BRA DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris
    Yes, there Pirates!!!!
    He who dies with the most toys first, wins!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twowheelsdown2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,079
    L=Lordy
    Y=Your
    C=Crack's
    R=Really
    A=Abhorrent

  33. #33
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400
    L=Leave
    Y=Yeti's
    C=Circumsized
    R=Rod
    A=Alone
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    292
    don't knock it till u ride with it.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    Why are DH'ers checking out roadies junk?

  36. #36
    ~~~~~~~
    Reputation: Dirt_Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    would it kill to put some shorts on so I don't have to see your junk?

    ?
    do you have to look?

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    306
    I have never understood lycra-phobia but it's easy to spot those afraid of snug duds as they always refer to it as "Spandex" which is as dated a term as is the phrase, "gag me with a spoon" from the same era.

    I've had people jokingly accuse me of wearing lycra because I think it's all about looking cool. To clarify - dressing up in clothes that resemble a deranged super hero's underwear will never qualify as "cool." And I have to say, if anyone is concerned about aesthetics, I would have to say that honor equally applies to the baggie short crowd (I'm in there too) who wear one pair of shorts and then put another pair over them for nothing more than fashion sense. And don't try to tell me it's because you like the pockets. The first pair is for function, the second pair is to not just hide the man bits, but also serves to cover up that insecurity complex that's been brewing since you admitted you once owned a George Michael CD and you know the ending to the movie, The Notebook.

    They're baggies, not a Hell's Angels jacket.

  38. #38
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    L=Leave
    Y=Yeti's
    C=Circumsized
    R=Rod
    A=Alone

    only pathetic followers are circumsized.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    only pathetic followers are circumsized.
    dont' knock it till you ride with it.

  40. #40
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    dont' knock it till you ride with it.

    I have. That is why I went back to au-naturale.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    I have. That is why I went back to au-naturale.
    Hmmm. I am definitely interested in this. How does one go about getting their foreskin back?

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,747
    The lycra threat is "getting snagged on the nose of the saddle".

    You're going up and over a technical rock, the size of a VW. You shift forward to keep the
    front wheel down as you climb. As soon as you're over the roof, you need to shift your
    weight over the rear tire to get ready for the drop off. Ooops. The lycra has snagged the
    saddle! You're stuck way forward and the front wheel is pointing very down. Mommy.

    Unlike lycra, my baggies never get hung up on the seat when shifting my weight around
    between keeping the front wheel down and keeping the back wheel down. But the padding
    of the lycra is my friend. So, I wear lycra for the padding and baggies over it to eliminate
    the snagging.

    Function squared.

    Now, why do I wear black baggies instead of bright yellow or hot pink?
    -- Evil Patrick

    Some of my Music

    My Videos

    The trail...shall set you free.

  43. #43
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    Now, why do I wear black baggies instead of bright yellow or hot pink?
    Oh come on! Patrick, you know you would look SO dashing in some pink or neon orange egg-cuddlers!
    ~~~

  44. #44
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,587
    i have no problem with lycra,, as long as theres a wicked guitar solo every 4-5 minutes...
    as far as needing it for mtb, how much time do you actually spend with your butt on the saddle anyways? almost nil here.

  45. #45
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    Hmmm. I am definitely interested in this. How does one go about getting their foreskin back?
    INSTRUCTIONS are on utube.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike
    as far as needing it for mtb, how much time do you actually spend with your butt on the saddle anyways? almost nil here.
    You must live at the top of a very looooong hill. I like to pedal my bike and as such find myself on the saddle often, but I get your point.

    So, I guess you guys don't own a closet full of skinsuits, huh?

  47. #47
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverbiker
    You must live at the top of a very looooong hill. I like to pedal my bike and as such find myself on the saddle often, but I get your point.

    So, I guess you guys don't own a closet full of skinsuits, huh?
    you never fall or get grabbed by the foliage? I have $140 lycra under 20 shells. I wear lycra when I roadie, wore it for the Barn Burner race, and sometimes on my CX bike. I prefer the protection of a shell on the trail.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbkracr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    453
    Like
    You
    Could
    Ride
    Anything
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

    96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

  49. #49
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverbiker
    You must live at the top of a very looooong hill. I like to pedal my bike and as such find myself on the saddle often, but I get your point.
    our singletrack only varies from 650'-700' elevation... i like to keep it in the 46 tooth chainring most of the time so i stand 95% of the time except for tree tunnels. probably bad on the knees but great on upper and lower body

  50. #50
    ~~~~~~~
    Reputation: Dirt_Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    you never fall or get grabbed by the foliage? I have $140 lycra under 20 shells. I wear lycra when I roadie, wore it for the Barn Burner race, and sometimes on my CX bike. I prefer the protection of a shell on the trail.
    i'd gone almost exclusively to just wearing tight fitting race kits while living in redwood country, where the foliage and ground is forgiving, but since moving out to AZ i've found i really want that added protection between me and my surroundings (this includes my judgmental bretheren). still, when i'm on longer rides or will be riding 10 miles or so to the trailhead i wear only a race kit because its cooler and more comfortable in the saddle. i think some are uncomfortable with guys wearing only lycra because its typically an indication that the dude wearing lycra is taking riding his bike very seriously and that can be threatening to those who want riding their bike to be a relaxing and rejuvenating experience, not business. and when you're racing a lot- riding your bike is business. no time for goofing around- no need for pockets to carry your piece.

  51. #51
    Victim of Saddle Rage
    Reputation: cannonballtrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    621
    Lycra is the gateway clothing. It starts with Lycra and ends with Speedos. Look at me. Just one time, and now I hide behind a cactus on National stalking men in body armor and baggies.
    " the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." C&H

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    I like lycra... it has become a part of me over the years and I feel naked without it. I have more lycra than any other kinds of clothes in all colors, but pink is my favorite.

    There was a time that I wore baggies, but that was before I became a real cyclist and ditched the wanna-be clothes - and armour for that matter. That stuff is for wusses and crybabies that need to ride bikes with a ton of suspension to make up for their lack of skills.

    You all need to go out and buy the smallest pair of pink see through lycra cycling shorts you can find and make the jump from wanna-be cyclist to REAL cyclists... nuff said

  53. #53
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    indeed, slow day. I'm trying to think of an acronym. Can't figure out the L and Y.
    So far I have,
    L
    Y
    Cock
    Revealing
    Apparatus
    Love
    Your
    C
    R
    Y

  54. #54
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    - and armour for that matter. That stuff is for wusses and crybabies that need to ride bikes with a ton of suspension to make up for their lack of skills.
    Tom for President.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    - and armour for that matter. That stuff is for wusses and crybabies that need to ride bikes with a ton of suspension to make up for their lack of skills.
    So I'm a wuss and a cry baby for wearing leg armour and I have lack of skills because I have a full squish. Hmmmm come on out to bootleg this weekend and lets see your skills. If you do come out and play, you might understand the reasoning of a squish bike and armour. See ya there .
    SHITBIRD

  56. #56
    Mike-e
    Guest
    You guys can keep your lycra... I'll stick with pads and squish bikes (I guess 6.7 inches is to much travel now-a-days anyway). As for having no skill... Helimech is right. You guys are a bunch of sissys.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Images Attached Images

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    So I'm a wuss and a cry baby for wearing leg armour and I have lack of skills because I have a full squish. Hmmmm come on out to bootleg this weekend and lets see your skills. If you do come out and play, you might understand the reasoning of a squish bike and armour. See ya there .
    It's pretty evident you wear armor because you have thin skin.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    It's pretty evident you wear armor because you have thin skin.
    DAM your pretty fing smart. How did you know thats why I wear armour. Dude my skin was just getting so torn up from all kinds of stuff, so ya the next thing was to get armour to protect my delicate skin. Or should I say thin? Skinny just look at this thread, its a nice joke put out by Bob. Its all fun and games until somebody had to make a stupid rider class remark. Its just the same ole song and dance. Everyone pissing back and forth about who is better. We all ride bikes, whats the fing difference? Some ride them differently then others, who cares. I don't start the sh!t.
    SHITBIRD

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    DAM your pretty fing smart. How did you know thats why I wear armour. Dude my skin was just getting so torn up from all kinds of stuff, so ya the next thing was to get armour to protect my delicate skin. Or should I say thin? Skinny just look at this thread, its a nice joke put out by Bob. Its all fun and games until somebody had to make a stupid rider class remark. Its just the same ole song and dance. Everyone pissing back and forth about who is better. We all ride bikes, whats the fing difference? Some ride them differently then others, who cares. I don't start the sh!t.
    1) I'm fairly certain he was joking.
    2) If he wasn't, so what? Move on. Hence my comment about "thin skin."

    Who gives a **** if somebody thinks people who wear armor are wussies? Only you know if you're a wussie, right?

    Maybe I read too much into some of the posts on this site, but some folks here take things way too personally.

    (BTW, I actually own armor...and even wore it once.)

    EDIT: The "my dick is bigger than yours" challenge never gets old.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    So I'm a wuss and a cry baby for wearing leg armour and I have lack of skills because I have a full squish. Hmmmm come on out to bootleg this weekend and lets see your skills. If you do come out and play, you might understand the reasoning of a squish bike and armour. See ya there .
    LOL!! Thats the response I was looking for! I figured someone would post something along these lines after my stoooopid joke post. Who cares what anyone rides... but I still like my ultra tight see through pink spandex.... I get a discount if I order more than 10 pairs...

    I would do the bootleg thing this weekend, but it is not extreme enough, I think I am going to go ride my road bike instead...

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,142
    making lycra that big should definitely be illegal.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    LOL!! Thats the response I was looking for! I figured someone would post something along these lines after my stoooopid joke post. Who cares what anyone rides... but I still like my ultra tight see through pink spandex.... I get a discount if I order more than 10 pairs...

    I would do the bootleg thing this weekend, but it is not extreme enough, I think I am going to go ride my road bike instead...
    Yep you suckered me in, way to work around it. Goodthing your going to be riding the road bike because ya thats way more extreme then the boot. Dam you got me again, you are so clever.
    SHITBIRD

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chongoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    Come on! Keep if funny!
    I am far from serious 99% of the time I am on this site.
    In the interest of full disclosure... I ride with armor and baggies when I feel like it and I wear Lycra when I feel like it. Tonight I'll be doing a quick ride on DC WEARING LYCRA!!!!!!
    Please do not bother me or expect me to day hello. Don't F with my flow man.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    Come on! Keep if funny!
    I am far from serious 99% of the time I am on this site.
    In the interest of full disclosure... I ride with armor and baggies when I feel like it and I wear Lycra when I feel like it. Tonight I'll be doing a quick ride on DC WEARING LYCRA!!!!!!
    Please do not bother me or expect me to day hello. Don't F with my flow man.
    Well, baggies and Lycra. Why not nothing at all .
    SHITBIRD

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Yep you suckered me in, way to work around it. Goodthing your going to be riding the road bike because ya thats way more extreme then the boot. Dam you got me again, you are so clever.

    Heli - I firmly believe you should try the single-speed-no suspension-pink lycra wearin' thang!

    You would fit right in brother!

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by going29AZ
    Heli - I firmly believe you should try the single-speed-no suspension-pink lycra wearin' thang!

    You would fit right in brother!
    What do you mean try? I'm way ahead of ya. Already wearing pink Lycra under my baggies. You see some baggies have no padding. So to make up for the missing padding I just steal my wifes which are pink and realy small. Its my little secret . Team Pink bro . Dells friday????
    SHITBIRD

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    What do you mean try? I'm way ahead of ya. Already wearing pink Lycra under my baggies. You see some baggies have no padding. So to make up for the missing padding I just steal my wifes which are pink and realy small. Its my little secret . Team Pink bro . Dells friday????

    HaHa...I thought they looked a little tight on ya! What time you ride'n the Dells? I might be in Peenix on a shoot in the afternoon. Lemme know.

  68. #68
    ~~~~~~~
    Reputation: Dirt_Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,293
    this thread got real bad

  69. #69
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Tom for President.
    Heli- I wrote this ^^ because Tom has a sense of humor. I took it as a joke, brother.

    You are an exception to the rule when it comes to wearing pads and riding a boingy bike. You need pads because you ****in rage and you ride a boingy because you are actually pushing the envelope for yourself. I gotta admit to having a little chip on my shoulder over the whole "what do you wear and ride" thing because I always hear comments about lycra and non-FS bikes being for vaginers and it's always coming from people who, unlike you, don't ride anything with their FS and armour that I can't ride just as fast on my rigid SS.

  70. #70
    Saucy Size
    Reputation: Paul B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,482
    The homoerotic tension in this thread is palpable.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

  71. #71
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    The homoerotic tension in this thread is palpable.
    I love how in the poll at the top of the page, the bar for the "Sexual Identity Confusion" choice is PINK. Ya can't beat that with a 6" stick.

  72. #72
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    I have ridden with both tamen00 and helimech....They are both d|ckhead wussies who can barely ride a bike!


    Carry on...
    JRA

  73. #73
    Road Warrior
    Reputation: ROAD WARRIOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    108
    Thanks, I needed a good laugh. I wear both, that way some one else can have a good laugh.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks eabos, I knew you would jump in there and defend me... I appreciate it. Now, off to deliver some pink XXXXL lycra to your mom....

  75. #75
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    Thanks eabos, I knew you would jump in there and defend me... I appreciate it. Now, off to deliver some pink XXXXL lycra to your mom....
    ...and help her into them too!
    ~~~

  76. #76
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    ...and help her into them too!

    Maybe you can give her some tips on fitting into that XXXXL stuff?
    JRA

  77. #77
    Road Warrior
    Reputation: ROAD WARRIOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    108
    Be careful, my 70 year old mother rides a mountain bike.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Maybe you can give her some tips on fitting into that XXXXL stuff?

    Good call, I almost forgot my tub of vaseline....

  79. #79
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    Maybe you can give her some tips on fitting into that XXXXL stuff?
    I should know! That's just my size! Grease is the word...
    ~~~

  80. #80
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    I should know! That's just my size! Grease is the word...
    Glad to see you took my comment as a joke...I have found that some fems get all bent out of shape (no pun intended) about size comments.

    grease??....ewwwww
    JRA

  81. #81
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    OT! Hey look! New meaning to Elephant Butt!

    Darn, I'm sorry...that was SOOO distasteful of me to post that....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why are MTBers so threatened by Lycra?-elephantbutt.jpg  

    ~~~

  82. #82
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,415
    I'm speechless Su...speechless........




  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Your so nasty Su, but I like it.
    SHITBIRD

  84. #84
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Hey, I just happened upon it...and figured I would share.
    ~~~

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    Hey, I just happened upon it...and figured I would share.
    You just happened upon it, YA RIGHT .
    SHITBIRD

  86. #86
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Well, I was LOOKING for a pic of Eabos' mom...elephant butt images...For Tom...so he could get the sizing image needed for the Pink Lycra size XXXXL he was delivering for the fitting.
    ~~~

  87. #87
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,347
    su.ling's stock just went up even more! Bravo!

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks Su... thats really nice however I already have the sizing images needed for eabos's mom, but I can not figure out how to get them off my cell phone to post

  89. #89
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Oh that's easy...send it to one of the comp-geeks here. I am positive they will post it everywhere! You Tiger you!
    ~~~

  90. #90
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    F you all! I'm going home!...wait, my unemployed ass is home. I'm going riding, TAKE THAT you damn jobbers.
    JRA

  91. #91
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    You Tiger you!
    So much funnier than it would have been two weeks ago hahaha
    JRA

  92. #92
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    You just happened upon it, YA RIGHT .
    Yeah, I just "happen" upon lots of stuff on the internet too. Most of which cannot be posted here. I just can't get away from the smutt, it's everywhere
    JRA

  93. #93
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    su.ling's stock just went up even more! Bravo!
    there needs to be a write-in for Su Ling on "Best Poster Thread".
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  94. #94
    I love bike!
    Reputation: dsittman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Sooo Hot...want To Touch The Hiney...yowwww!!!

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64
    Cause my girlfriend says when I wear lycra I look like a watermelon stuffed into a banana skin.

  96. #96
    I, Mudd
    Reputation: hfy108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    Thanks Su... thats really nice however I already have the sizing images needed for eabos's mom, but I can not figure out how to get them off my cell phone to post
    Is this the one you are talking about? This should thoroughly off-set Su's pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why are MTBers so threatened by Lycra?-3161%5B1%5D.jpg  

    "Because I was profiling and it looked stolen.
    90% of everything in my neighborhood is stolen." - Me

  97. #97
    Need more cowbell
    Reputation: WhiskersOfDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by hfy108
    Is this the one you are talking about? This should thoroughly off-set Su's pic.

    I just died a little bit.

  98. #98
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    L=Leave
    Y=Yeti's
    C=Circumsized
    R=Rod
    A=Alone

    damn this one made me spit soda out my nose ...............
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  99. #99
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,587
    ever come up with a joke so fricking irrelevant that you had to post it somewhere before you forget it...

    Did you guys know that outhouses along the northern Chilean border are called Bolivia Newton Johns??

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,142
    i think the core "anti lycra" sentiment is guys that feel people in lycra make riding mountainbikes too much of a jock thing, very serious about efficiency and train more,which means they somehow make time to train. This doesn't mean everybody but it's the very root , the contrast between most of us "original mountainbikes" ,who wore jeans or cargo shorts and the first influx of lycra wear'n.....I've evolved considerably since then, picked up on being a roady on my klien adept, still wore shorts over the lycra for a few years. Somewhere in about my third year i sort of "came out" as a roady and discarded the over shorts,it took a couple more years to get consistant with helmet wearing. Even today every second that i'm off the roadbike and not right there with the bike it feels odder and odder,like waiting in line at the bank or convenience shop, after a bike ride. I must say lycra shorts and shin guards is a pretty ghey look.

  101. #101
    Got a suspension fork
    Reputation: randyharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,442
    Gross generalizations that sound to me more like your personal experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by herbn
    i think the core "anti lycra" sentiment is guys that feel people in lycra make riding mountainbikes too much of a jock thing, very serious about efficiency and train more,which means they somehow make time to train. This doesn't mean everybody but it's the very root , the contrast between most of us "original mountainbikes" ,who wore jeans or cargo shorts and the first influx of lycra wear'n.....I've evolved considerably since then, picked up on being a roady on my klien adept, still wore shorts over the lycra for a few years. Somewhere in about my third year i sort of "came out" as a roady and discarded the over shorts,it took a couple more years to get consistant with helmet wearing. Even today every second that i'm off the roadbike and not right there with the bike it feels odder and odder,like waiting in line at the bank or convenience shop, after a bike ride. I must say lycra shorts and shin guards is a pretty ghey look.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

  102. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,142
    not that "gross"really, and you sort of have to write in generalizations because there is no one specific right answer,and what is there besides personal experiences. maybe you can take a shot at a pretty specific impersonal posting.

  103. #103
    Got a suspension fork
    Reputation: randyharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by herbn
    not that "gross"really, and you sort of have to write in generalizations because there is no one specific right answer,and what is there besides personal experiences. maybe you can take a shot at a pretty specific impersonal posting.

    Tell me you're not advising not to use the word Gross in a thread about dudes wearing lycra.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

  104. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tamen00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,025
    I think Randy nailed it.. .guys are gross in spandex... ewwwww

    But, I think something is wrong with some of us... lets see, w work all day, rush home at night to dress up in spandex and then go meet a group of people (95% guys) all dressed up in brightly colored spandex to spend a few hours breathing hard and pushing ourselves....

    ummmmmm... not good, I might have to take up wrestling or something - DOH!!!

  105. #105
    Got a suspension fork
    Reputation: randyharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    I think Randy nailed it.. .guys are gross in spandex... ewwwww

    But, I think something is wrong with some of us... lets see, w work all day, rush home at night to dress up in spandex and then go meet a group of people (95% guys) all dressed up in brightly colored spandex to spend a few hours breathing hard and pushing ourselves....

    ummmmmm... not good, I might have to take up wrestling or something - DOH!!!
    And yes, I do wear lycra shorts when I ride...
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

  106. #106
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    I think Randy nailed it.. .guys are gross in spandex... ewwwww

    But, I think something is wrong with some of us... lets see, w work all day, rush home at night to dress up in spandex and then go meet a group of people (95% guys) all dressed up in brightly colored spandex to spend a few hours breathing hard and pushing ourselves....

    ummmmmm... not good, I might have to take up wrestling or something - DOH!!!
    Hey what time you get off work?
    JRA

  107. #107
    powered by bacon
    Reputation: helidave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    440


Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.