Whoops Trail helmet cam test- Mtbr.com
    industry employee

Whoops Trail helmet cam test

The viewpoint is aimed a little low....mostly because the camera wearer tends to look downward to see where he is going. I'll have a wide-angle lens soon which should take care of some of the jitters and viewpoint issues.

I thought I'd post this one for now for those that have not had the chance to ride whoops yet....

mike
    <object width=425 height=318><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008050901.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=aT0zMTkxNTkzMDUmaz1DYk40byZhPTQ3Mzc0MTdfQ nVic3UmdT1hbGJyaWdodHBob3RvJmU9MQ==
    " /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008050901.swf" flashVars="s=aT0zMTkxNTkzMDUmaz1DYk40byZhPTQ3Mzc0M TdfQnVic3UmdT1hbGJyaWdodHBob3RvJmU9MQ==
    " width=425 height=318 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
    Monday, June 23rd, 2008

mtbr member

Nice!

You are both going bigger than I ever will on those jumps. Nice work, can't wait to see the wide angle.

It is interesting how the trail looks so much different from a camera. I'm not sure why, but I recognize sections, but I'm not seeing the whole trail like I do when I ride it. Thanks for the post. That makes me want to get a helmet cam.

BFE

Nat
    mtbr member
    Cool!

industry employee
    The goalpost double, now commonly referred to as "Nat's Jump", is at the 1:30 mark....
    Last edited by mtbzone; 06-24-2008 at 11:41 PM.

mtbr member
    You mean all you have to do is eat poop and you get something named after you? WTF. Hehe..... Joking, I think of Nat every time I "roll" over those doubles.

Keep Singletrack Single
    NICE JOB! Really cool to see the trail from your vantage point. I am still learning how to handle the table jumps. Thanks for sharing!
    Support Bend Trails
    http://bendtrails.org
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    You mean all you have to do is eat poop and you get something named after you? WTF. Hehe..... Joking, I think of Nat every time I "roll" over those doubles.
    Hey man, you have an entire race named after you. Howwwwwn!

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbzone
    The goalpost double, now commonly referred to as "Nat's Jump", is at the 1:30 mark....
    Too funny, as I watch the video I keep catching myself trying to peer up beyond the top border of the frame! I'm not too bright.

mtbr member
    What race is that, The Full Body Cramp? Harrrr.

Let's hope I can keep the cramps at bay this weekend. Going to huf and "Puff" for a dirt century.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Hey man, you have an entire race named after you. Howwwwwn!

Nat
    mtbr member
    What race is that, The Full Body Cramp? Harrrr.

Let's hope I can keep the cramps at bay this weekend. Going to huf and "Puff" for a dirt century.
    Yep, that's the one. You know, when you came across the finish line doing "the Kokopelli."
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Yep, that's the one. You know, when you came across the finish line doing "the Kokopelli."
    You should have seen me this year. I placed closer to the top, but I paid for it at the finish line. No wheelies this year, but another racer tried to pass me and the finish and I wasn't having it.......crossed the line and assumed the position. Man that hurt!

Nat
    mtbr member
    You should have seen me this year. I placed closer to the top, but I paid for it at the finish line. No wheelies this year, but another racer tried to pass me and the finish and I wasn't having it.......crossed the line and assumed the position. Man that hurt!
    "Assumed the position." That's funny!

Gittyup!
    Good stuff! Amazing how much a regular lens on a helmet cam "slows" things down and flattens out the trail/features. At 6 minutes top to bottom, you were surely going a lot faster than the footage makes it appear. A wide angle lens really helps to give a more true sense of speed. Post up the video when you get the wide angle... it'll be cool to see the 2 side by side.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    That video totally motivates me to clear Nat's doubles and the ones across the road. You guys made it look easy, nice job. I'm going to do it this weekend.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    Excellent video quality, nice job!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Can't play the vid, can you post the link?

BP

industry employee

Try this link

Quote Originally Posted by Brtp4
    Can't play the vid, can you post the link?

BP
    Try this: Whoops Helmet Cam

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbzone
    Too funny @ 1:28 or so ( ) I felt a case thats the same jump eh ??? Nice video and you guys hit the trannys

Members who have read this thread: 0