• 10-18-2018
    montizano
    Where to find Sidi Dominator in full Lorica
    I'm looking for some new Sidi dominator 7 MTB shoes. I've been using a pair of dominators for around fifteen years, but they are just about worn out (ok, they wore out along time ago, but I kept using them...). Everyone seems to be selling the lorica-mesh versions, but I'd really like a pair of the all-lorica dominators.

Anybody know where I can find the all-lorica version?

thanks!

Monti
  • 10-18-2018
    TTTURNER
    I have had four pairs of the Dominator 5 shoes with the mesh panels in the toe. They were awesome. I have the Dominator 7 in full lorica and they are stiff as a board and uncomfortable. I thought that I would just be buying a very slightly updated Dominator 5, but the Dominator 7 does nothing but hurt my feet even after several months of wearing them. I tried washing them a few times to try to get the Lorica to loosen up, but it did nothing. The material is clearly not the same as before. Just a heads up.
  • 10-25-2018
    montizano
    Looks like you are right...

The info that comes with the pair of mesh Dominator 7s I ordered shows the (non-mesh) material as "POLITEX" not "LORICA." Too bad - I really like the lorica, almost feels (and looks) like real leather. Perhaps I'll try to "resole" them with some old tire tread...

-Monti
  • 11-21-2018
    TTTURNER
    Quote:

Originally Posted by montizano View Post
    Looks like you are right...

The info that comes with the pair of mesh Dominator 7s I ordered shows the (non-mesh) material as "POLITEX" not "LORICA." Too bad - I really like the lorica, almost feels (and looks) like real leather. Perhaps I'll try to "resole" them with some old tire tread...

-Monti

Microfiber Microtech is the material for the Dominator 7's of 2018, and the new 2019 models. I thought it was Lorica on my 2018 Dominator 7's when I bought them, but its not. That's too bad. The Lorica was awesome. No more Sidi's for me until they go back to the Lorica. I wish that I could send my Dominator 7's back. I hope Sidi figures out that their material sucks.