Where can I find a helmet that uses this fitting system?- Mtbr.com
    Five is right out
    Sep 2006

Where can I find a helmet that uses this fitting system?

So fell on my head and broke my helmet on the weekend. Bad news was goodbye to a $200 helmet (Casco Viper with a detatchable chinguard). Good news was it wasn't my head.

One thing I liked about the Casco was that it used a netting system to keep the foam off my head. This was both comfortable, and got rid of 'helmet hair'.

Anyone know of other manufacturers or models that use a system like this? Cascos are really hard to come by, and the usual suspects (Bell, Giro, Specialized) all seem to use plain old foam-and-padding.

BTW, the photos don't really show the damage well- in addition to the crushed section, the foam also cracked through in 4 other places.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    glad your head is ok

sorry, I can't help on the fitting system....however if you find a source for Casco in Germany/Europe that doesn't ship to you, let me know

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Thanks Crisillo

My head's fine- the helmet worked perfectly. I think the aluminium support strut helped disperse force away from the impact zone, too.

I've decided not to get another Viper- with the chinguard, it was just too hot for local conditions so I very rarely put it on. I definitely liked the netting idea though.

mtbr member

Las

My buddy just picked up an LAS model. I believe it's this one.

http://www.trialtir-usa.com/2008-las...-squalo-mp.htm

Hasn't ridden it yet, but seems to fit pretty well and is comfortable so far.

Good luck,

J

Members who have read this thread: 0