Where can I buy a replacement bolt for a troy lee helmet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Where can I buy a replacement bolt for a troy lee helmet?

So a while back I lost one of my visor bolts to my troy lee helmet. I'm pretty sure I went OTB at some point and knocked it out. I'd like to try and get another bolt so my visor isn't crooked but don't know where to look. Any help would be great.
    Just ride.....

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    this could be a stretch but have ya looked here?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Figured they arent open at 6:30am on a sunday and I wanted to place an order before I forgot about it tomorrow.
    Just ride.....

mtbr member
    I once had a slow crashed in my Axo MX helmet and knocked the visor off on some guy's calf. I hit up my local motorbike shop (Blackfoot Motorsports), and they dragged out a shoe box FULL of all sorts of different visor bolts. The guy said just grab what you need, no charge. I got lucky and actually found a direct replacement.

Glad to Be Alive
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    The website is down, must be too much traffic on Sunday morning from people in similar situations.

mtbr member
    Fox just sent my roommate a new one for free... Hopefully you will get it for free as well!

mtbr member
    Just an idea, but if a wreck managed to rip a bolt out of your helmet don't you think the threads would be stripped in the helmet? Would a new bolt necessarily provide the same function as the would have before? Not trying to be a debbie downer, this is a legit question on my behalf because anytime I've done something similar the holes ended up stripped so I used a different bolt and a nut to on my helmet.
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

AKA shitbird
    If you want something that works and don't care about aesthetics just take your helmet to a hardware store and match up a bolt. Any decent hardware store surely has the correct size/thread bolt. It will cost you about 15 cents.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Most helmets I've owned use plastic bolts to hold the visors on. When you crash, the bolt simply breaks apart, not doing any damage to the helmet or visor. If you stick a steel bolt in there, you can guarantee the bolt with never be the part that breaks in a crash...

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissa
    Most helmets I've owned use plastic bolts to hold the visors on. When you crash, the bolt simply breaks apart, not doing any damage to the helmet or visor. If you stick a steel bolt in there, you can guarantee the bolt with never be the part that breaks in a crash...

Hmm, good point. Maybe that's why my visor has been broken/glued together numerous times
    JRA

Members who have read this thread: 0