• 04-23-2008
    madmike283
    Where to buy Specialized BG gloves locally?
    Hey crew, I was thinking of trying some of the Specialized Body Geo gloves. I've been having some hand numbness and I'd like to give them a shot. I'd also like a full-fingered pair. Where can I locate some of these locally? I'm in south Lakewood at Wads and Hampden.

I went to Performance, but they don't sell Specialized. My next stop was Bicycle Village and they had Specialized accessories, etc. but no full-fingered BG models. Should I try another BV, or should I check another shop? I'm fairly new to the scene, so I'm not up on all the different retailers around. Thanks.

Mike
  • 04-24-2008
    FunkMaster
    try mojo's. It's close. I know they have full fingered gloves and used to carry bg gloves.
  • 04-24-2008
    nOOby
    university bikes in boulder?
  • 04-24-2008
    Morryjg
    Maybe Bike Source. They have just about everything Specialized makes it seems. Give them a call since you aren't necessarily close to either of their shops. I wonder if maybe you should have someone take a look at your bike fit as well if your hands are going numb consistently.
  • 04-24-2008
    madmike283
    Thanks guys. I'll give those options a shot.

Morryjg, yeah I've been thinking the same thing. I've been reading a bit on here about the numbness problem and I've been reading about the bike fit suggestions. I started looking more closely at it myself and have made a few adjustments to the cockpit. I just have to get out more and see how they work.
  • 04-24-2008
    BubColorado
    BG Gloves
    I bought a pair at BikeSource at Colorado Blvd. and Yale a couple of weeks ago. I believe Turin (Lincoln and 7th) carries them as well. However, I agree that numbness is more likely a function of bike fit and posture than glove material. Also, you might try some different grips, like Ergon.
  • 04-24-2008
    madmike283
    Yeah, I checked out BikeSource this evening and picked up a pair. Thanks for the recommendation. That shop seems pretty nice. They seem to be BIG Specialized marks.
  • 04-25-2008
    OnYourLeft
    You can get a bike fit at BikeSource too. Hans (at the Highlands Ranch store location) does a good job with bike fits.

I love the BG gloves - hope they help you.
  • 04-25-2008
    Morryjg
    I haven't had a full bike fit at Bike Source, but the test ride I did a couple weeks ago came close to being a full bike fit. And, they just helped me put cleats on my new Sidi's and did it for free. (I need to stock their fridge with some barley pops for that one) They really seem to know their stuff.
  • 04-25-2008
    pixelninja
    Quote:

Originally Posted by madmike283
    I'm in south Lakewood at Wads and Hampden.

Wheat Ridge Cyclery carries Specialized and they're located on 38th, just 2-3 blocks east of Wadsworth.