Where to buy helmet velcro foam?- Mtbr.com
    Zip

Mar 2004

Where to buy helmet velcro foam?

I have a couple of helmets I want to change out the old foam with some new foam. anyone know where I can Find the some combination of velcro tape to attach to helmet liner and foam I can customize.

Thank!

Rich

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I would assume a fabric store. My recommendation is go to a bike shop and ask them to order you a new pad kit. They normally cost about $5 for bell or giro.

mtbr member
    Even better if you contact the manufacturer they will send you new pads for free. At least Giro did for me.

Big Boned
    The shop I used to work at had a big box full of discarded extra pad sets -- people would come in on their way out to go ride buy helmets and then wear them straight from the store, and leave the extra pads/manual/box behind, so we just stashed the pads and gave them to other customers who needed them, used them to refine fit, etc. You may want to ask around at a couple of your larger LBS's and see what they have. We were more than happy to give them away.

As for velcro, any arts and crafts store should have little glue-backed velcro discs.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

Members who have read this thread: 0