Whats the best Helmet?

Printable View

  • 05-12-2006
    killroe
    Whats the best Helmet?
    Im lookong to buy a New full faced helmet and can't seem to find the best on the market.. im prone to meeting to ground with my face and want something that will protect? Any ideas about what to buy???:madman:
  • 05-12-2006
    006_007
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by killroe
    Im lookong to buy a New full faced helmet and can't seem to find the best on the market.. im prone to meeting to ground with my face and want something that will protect? Any ideas about what to buy???:madman:


    The fact that you are prone to meet the ground with your face sounds like you should get greater protection rather then cooling, so I would recommend a dirt bike style helmet from a motorcycle shop. Something that fits well and has DOT certification.
  • 05-12-2006
    Spastik Slingkee
    if youve got serius cash ($250-$350) then you definetly should get a TLD (troy lee designs)theyre really comfortable and light wieght and have good ventilation
  • 05-12-2006
    killroe
    Id rather sPend more than have to sit in A&E wuth a smashed in face so i dont mind sending that little bit more
  • 05-12-2006
    NorKal
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by killroe
    Id rather send more than have to sit in A&E wuth a smashed in face so i dont mind sending that little bit more

    Is the "P" button on your keyboard broken? :???: :???:
  • 05-12-2006
    killroe
    yes it is it does not always work i didnt notice it hadnt soz
  • 05-12-2006
    006_007
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by killroe
    yes it is it does not always work i didnt notice it hadnt soz


    LOL, maybe a helmet isnt needed
  • 05-12-2006
    killroe
    maybe not it would be cheaper
  • 05-12-2006
    dannymonky
    1 Attachment(s)
    Heres what i got. Oneal Threat 06. No major crashes yet but it feels soooooo much more protective than my carbon 661. A lil heavy and hot but worth the protection. Its only ur head. close to 3 bills and DOT certified.
  • 05-12-2006
    08nwsula
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Spastik Slingkee
    if youve got serius cash ($250-$350) then you definetly should get a TLD (troy lee designs)theyre really comfortable and light wieght and have good ventilation

    beyondbikes.com has some troy lee's for $199
  • 05-12-2006
    Giff
    Bought a Vigor Vamoose II from Go-Ride.com for $109 I believe. Great light weight and came highly recommended.
  • 05-12-2006
    scubaklook
    Second the vigor vamoose II. They have a wider range of sizes too if you have one of those hard to fit heads.
  • 05-12-2006
    Spastik Slingkee
    yea, if i were u i would probly get a DOT certified helmet, TLDs are DOT certified, and they look SICK!
  • 05-12-2006
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 006_007
    The fact that you are prone to meet the ground with your face sounds like you should get greater protection rather then cooling, so I would recommend a dirt bike style helmet from a motorcycle shop. Something that fits well and has DOT certification.

    motor cross helmet............yep
  • 05-13-2006
    killroe
    Cheers guyz Thanks for the help:thumbsup:
  • 05-13-2006
    konut
    bell bellistic,if you fall of regular no point spending loads of money on a tld when a cheaper helmet does same job and costs nearly a third less i.m.o