• 06-29-2012
    thaicook
    1 Attachment(s)
    What mitts to use when your 2 week old ones start to fall apart?
    I bought these mitts just a couple of weeks ago, they're nice and cool for this climate(Thailand) but they're starting to fall apart, first the reflective strip started to peel off and now the mesh is coming apart from the seem, what mitts should I buy next? I definitely won't be buying these pieces of shite again, any recommendations?
  • 06-29-2012
    d365
  • 06-29-2012
    thaicook
    Thanks for that, I had thought of it, but I'd prefer to pay for something that actually stays together by itself, otherwise I'd stitch something of my own in the first place
  • 06-29-2012
    d365
    meant to add... my Spec gloves came apart at about the same spot, on both gloves from pulling them off. couple stitches here and there, and haven't had a problem since. I like the padding on these gloves too much, to let a little rip kill them.
  • 06-29-2012
    thaicook
    That was just on my mind, they are nice and cool but I could tell as soon as I received them that they weren't going to last long :(
  • 06-29-2012
    GiantMountainTroll
    I have some Fox Sidewinders in black and white. They arent fingerless but look great and very durable.
  • 06-29-2012
    thaicook
    I need fingerless, it's so bloody hot here all of the time that I think I'd shrivel and disappear if I wore fingered gloves!

As I said I could feel they weren't the toughest pair of mitts I'd ever had so I've been careful pulling them off and I tend to peel them off rather than pull them from my wrists so it's a bit of a surprise that they've started to un-stitch themselves so quickly!
  • 06-29-2012
    d365
    return them, if you bought them from a Spec dealer, they will probably give you a new pair, if they're still in good shape otherwise.... just sayin.
  • 06-29-2012
    shiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thaicook View Post
    Thanks for that, I had thought of it, but I'd prefer to pay for something that actually stays together by itself, otherwise I'd stitch something of my own in the first place

That is a minor tear. As mentioned, a common place for it to happen and I have had (and still have) gloves with a few frayed edges and are still functional 4-5 years later.
  • 06-29-2012
    thaicook
    I'd thought about that too, but what are the chances the new pair wouldn't do the same, I probably will return them if I can be arsed but I'm really after some recommendations on some mitts that are a little longer-lasting, any recommendations?
  • 06-29-2012
    thaicook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    That is a minor tear. As mentioned, a common place for it to happen and I have had (and still have) gloves with a few frayed edges and are still functional 4-5 years later.

Fair enough, I'm not giving up on them as the padding, as mentioned earlier, is very comfy, I'm just thinking about my next pair as I'd prefer to have something in reserve for when they eventually fall apart completely