What light for my helmet to pair with the MiNewt X.2 Duals?- Mtbr.com
    Always Learning

What light for my helmet to pair with the MiNewt X.2 Duals?

I already own the MiNewt X.2 Duals which have been fine for my needs on the handlebars. But I would like to add a helmet light that isn't going to break the bank (night riding is seasonal for me with the time change).

Any suggestions on what would pair well with the MiNewts for my helmet? Sounds like the MiNewt Mini-USB might not be very powerful at all. Is the Sol better? Again, I don't really want to fork out $300 - 500.

Thanks.

BB

Jan 2004
    Seriously. Look at the magicshine...

mtbr member
    I would get an X2 200 single light to accompany the X2 dual's. Last week I ordered 2 Cygo Milion's rated at 200 lumens. They have fully integrated batteries so no wires tethered to a battery pack. I also ordered a Magic Shine as well. None have arrived but I'll report when they do. I hope they all show up today or tomorrow because I have a night event scheduled for Friday evening.

A plethora of pinatas
    +1 on the Niterider Minewt 200. Great option for a lightweight helmet light that will not break the bank. I use one with my Pro 600 on the bars and it works great for me.
    Marty

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoplea
    +1 on the Niterider Minewt 200. Great option for a lightweight helmet light that will not break the bank. I use one with my Pro 600 on the bars and it works great for me.
    That sounds like a good option. I see some on the web with a price range that is doable.

The X2 duals do well for me at night on double track, it's just without having something on the head to look around corners and see what is coming up it is not the best way to ride singletrack unless I'm in a group following somebody. It looks like most of the descriptions I read the helmet strap is not included. Quite a price range on the web for this light from $139 - 199.

BB

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenschwinn
    Seriously. Look at the magicshine...
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had never heard of this brand before, but I've been reading up for the past few hours to get up to speed. I liked the line of another poster who was trying to find one in stock and said "the magicshine is like the Cabbage Patch dolls of yesteryear, you can't get one".

Do you run one on your helmet? It seems they get mixed reviews, but I've been looking at the MTBR.com beam comparison shots as well as other sites. I think my MiNewt X.2 Duals paired with anything will be a nice system.

mtbr member

Helmet light

Im also looking for a helmet light. Check out the Ameba. Scar builds them and you can find them in the classifieds on the forum. They have me intrigued for the price. I have no affiliation to the guy, its just another option. Im thinking of getting a spot version to pair up with my magic shine.
    Live Large

Members who have read this thread: 0