What kind of helmet to get my wife?- Mtbr.com

Oct 2004

What kind of helmet to get my wife?

Does anybody have a suggestion on what helmet I can get my wife for Valentine's day? I am interested in style, comfort, and anything else that might be important. I just bought a Giro E2 for myself and I would like to get her something for Valentine's day. I am sure there are some stylish comfortable helmets out there for women. I do not trust my taste for her. I want to get her a new bike but she just doesn't think that she needs a new bike. It if funny how men and women are different, I think I need a new bike every week even though I love my bike. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Take her and let HER pick out what fits her and what color/style she likes.

E2's are great, i'm on my 5th.

i worship Mr T

one that fits her.

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchmnstrgarage
    Does anybody have a suggestion on what helmet I can get my wife for Valentine's day? I am interested in style, comfort, and anything else that might be important. I just bought a Giro E2 for myself and I would like to get her something for Valentine's day. I am sure there are some stylish comfortable helmets out there for women. I do not trust my taste for her. I want to get her a new bike but she just doesn't think that she needs a new bike. It if funny how men and women are different, I think I need a new bike every week even though I love my bike. Thanks in advance.
    how about a gift certificate so that she can find one that she thinks is stylish and comfortable.

rt
    "where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)

*rt*'s fabulous blog
    mm blogging

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    After my wife recently fell off and scraped her chin on the pavement, I bought her a Met Parachute, which has a removable lightweight chin guard. It's very stylish and great for more serious trail riding. In fact it's so good I'm thinking of getting one myself. I can't really understand why there aren't more lightweight helmets like this with some degree of face/chin protection.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleMainiac
    Take her and let HER pick out what fits her and what color/style she likes.

E2's are great, i'm on my 5th.
    I have an E2 as well. Are there women's specific helmets? (Aside from color, I suppose?)

L1MEY
    Unfortunately Met doesn't export to the US because people here have a habit of suing the helmet company when little_johnny_01 gets run over by a bus. Since Met are a small family owned company, they don't want to get involved in the litigation-happy US market even though their helmets meet all international standards, including the US ones.

I used to have a Met helmet which I loved (it was 20 quid from Halfords). I'll probably pick up another when I next visit the homeland. I've hard great things about the Parachute too... it manages to do what other full face helmets can't: be a lightwight XC style lid with a bit of extra protection for people who don't want an enormous dental bill when they crash.

- Jen.