What Helmet on Reign- Mtbr.com
    Scuffed

What Helmet on Reign

Just wondering what helmets you are using on the Reign. I have a Bell Influx which is an XC lid but lately I've been hitting 64.5km on the downhills and feeling a little vunerable. I'm getting a Fox Flux when they're available but wondering if that's enough or whether I should also get a full face. I don't do hard out downhill, just steep fireroads and aggressive trails. Would the Bell Balistic or Giro Remedy be any good? How about the Fox Flux. Do you think I could get by which just that.
    NO REIGN NO GAIN
    ......MMmmmm

mtbr member
    wear what you feel most comfortable in, but keep in mind how hot a full face will get in the summer time. I wear a giro hex and a remedy. I normally ride with the hex on my normal AM rides, but shuttle rides or DH races i'll wear the remedy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    helmet? why bother with helmet? just baseball hat turned backward so wind doesn't blow it away.

Just roll it......
    TK's right. Wear what feels most comfortable to you.

With that said, I wouldn't wear a FF helmet on any rides that weren't exclusively downhill. Even in cold temps, I sweat like a whore in church when wearing mine.

The new Fox helmets look nice....I've got a Giro Xen (very similar in design) that has saved my arse with the extra protection on the rear of the helmet on a particularly nasty crash.

A good compromise is the MET parachute (similar to the old Giro switchblades). Only downside is they don't sell the MET in the U.S. due to our litigation-hungry population, but you can get them on ebay or in Canada. That's why Giro stopped making the switchblade too. People used them for full on DH riding (which they're not designed for) and they'd break on impact and people would sue. Gotta love the ole U S of A!!

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    TK's right. Wear what feels most comfortable to you.

With that said, I wouldn't wear a FF helmet on any rides that weren't exclusively downhill. Even in cold temps, I sweat like a whore in church when wearing mine.

The new Fox helmets look nice....I've got a Giro Xen (very similar in design) that has saved my arse with the extra protection on the rear of the helmet on a particularly nasty crash.

A good compromise is the MET parachute (similar to the old Giro switchblades). Only downside is they don't sell the MET in the U.S. due to our litigation-hungry population, but you can get them on ebay or in Canada. That's why Giro stopped making the switchblade too. People used them for full on DH riding (which they're not designed for) and they'd break on impact and people would sue. Gotta love the ole U S of A!!

Cheers,
    EB
    Giro Xen for AM, Bell Bellistic for DH & DJ

G

Dec 2006
    I have a Giro Hex and a Fox Flux, both are similar and very comfortable. In the $100 range I get the Flux.

Members who have read this thread: 0