What gloves are you using in Ma?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What gloves are you using in Ma?

I need a pair of gloves(sick of my C & S freezer woolies for riding! HaHa) Want warmth and functionality. The best for under $30? give yer opinion's!
    Ridin and the Bo-Sox, Gotta love spring!! Trade out or sell my '08 Trance 2 frame or whole bike (4.2 rear travel)

over my head
    seriously?
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

achiever
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha
    (sick of my C & S freezer woolies for riding! HaHa) !
    What facility are you at? I"m one of the vendors that works on the reefers in Westfield.

Red

mtbr member
    I used to select in westfield a few years ago and loaded up on those gloves, I am down to my last pair and they aren't working for riding. I just grabbed a a pair of Spec' Deflects at Family Bike in Feeding hills. I read great reviews and terrible reviews on them. No in the middle. These are the new ones for '10 and they are totally different from last years. I wore them driving and my hands were sweating, I am excited to test them out on the bike. Trevor runs a sweet shop and I am sure he will take them back if I am not happy.
    Ridin and the Bo-Sox, Gotta love spring!! Trade out or sell my '08 Trance 2 frame or whole bike (4.2 rear travel)

mtbr member
    I have a pair of LG that I picked up at the outlet and a pair of Black Diamond windstopper. The LG are a little better for biking but not as warm. If it is really cold I grab the BDs.

Feb 2009
    EMS full finger gloves work great. There only $20 and 15% off if you are a college student.

mtbr member
    I just rode for 2 hours and the gloves worked great. I forgot to mention that I payed $31 and change with tax for these gloves. Not sure if it was my shop or Spec' running the sale but i got 20% of , but then again he only charged me $30 + tax so, the tag was $ 40. I am very impressed with the functionality and the comfort. The grip was great also. I will be going for a 8 a.m. ride before work in the morning and see how they work in the cold tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I agree with MADISON.
    Sounds like you need to do "MORE RESEARCH".
    FAIL!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    i got tired of my gloves shredding after a couple months of use so i went to the hardware store and bought a pair of FG all purpose gloves for $10. rode the last 6 months with them and they are great. sometimes low tech rules

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Drop N Roll
    i got tired of my gloves shredding after a couple months of use so i went to the hardware store and bought a pair of FG all purpose gloves for $10. rode the last 6 months with them and they are great. sometimes low tech rules
    Totally, most of the mountain bike specific gloves (made by MTB speficic companys) tend to be overpriced crap that falls apart after a few months. REI glove section, or Home Depot store brand tend to be the best value, in my opinion.

mtbr member
    I did just see a glove bin at homedepot with 10 diffrent gloves for like 4.99. After picking up just 3 or 4 pairs i realized i played right into the market "nich". Footnote to self....

Members who have read this thread: 0