What do you wear under your armor?- Mtbr.com

Jul 2004

What do you wear under your armor?

I just picked up a safety jacket from dainsese and it says not to wash it? So my question is do you guys wear somthing under your armor to keep it semi clean. I mean it seems like a few rides and the thing is going to run away from you if you just wear it over your skin?

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcin63
    I just picked up a safety jacket from dainsese and it says not to wash it? So my question is do you guys wear somthing under your armor to keep it semi clean. I mean it seems like a few rides and the thing is going to run away from you if you just wear it over your skin?
    if i had body armour i would wear a wife beater under it and a jersey of some form over it.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    I wear absolutely nothing under my ROCKGARDN Flak Jacket. The instructions on my Flak say not to machine wash it, but that doesn't mean you can't hand wash it or hose it off and spray it with some Fabreze after to help freshen it up. Works pretty good for me.

Removed at birth
    I too wear nothing under my 661 Safety Jacket. I don't hose it or anything. I love the smell of my own stench.
    Peace out! War In!

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyvoless
    I too wear nothing under my 661 Safety Jacket. I don't hose it or anything. I love the smell of my own stench.
    Always knew there was something *funky* about you.

Pro Crastinator
    try these....

Hella Olde
    I have a Dainese Safety jacket - I used to wear nothing (scratchy) then small t-shirts (sopping wet) now trying UnderArmor for Heat, a thin wicking material - way comfy for me. Be careful it comes in Heat and Cold favors with different attributes. It's being pimped on billboards and sold at Copeland, etc. as a baseball player item.....google.....here's a link...
    http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/gear.asp?dept%5Fid=2

Oh and I don't really bother to wash my jacket although I have a couple of times...it didnt disintegrate, but, obviously, drip-dry it.
    Last edited by DH40; 07-14-2004 at 05:26 PM.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    try these....
    i prefer the sparkle purple ones myself, they make me feel so sexy under my shirt
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    i prefer the sparkle purple ones myself, they make me feel so sexy under my shirt
    yup, the purple is boss...

Jul 2004
    Let me know how you like under armour, seems like it would work well as long as it doesnt get too hot.

May 2004

Under Armor

I have a 661 pressure suit and wear short sleaved under armor. it works grerat.

Jul 2004

Under armor shirt

nike dry fit shirts are great. Though I do like those nipples

MTB SOCAL

Under Armour

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    nike dry fit shirts are great. Though I do like those nipples
    I use Under Armour gear under my DH armour. It's very comfortable and doesn't bunch up. I also use Under Armour for other sports (softball, dragonboat racing, tennis, xc riding). They also have loose gear, which is also very comfortable.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    I used to borrow Weyvoless' sports bra...
    that was quite binding and restricted breathing though..
    now i use one of those wicking base layers that roadies wear made by Da feet I think...
    it dries so fast i'm not walking around all wet.. pretty cool...
    plus, the nips don't get rubbed..then again..WCH's suggestion would work too... =)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i wear a small t-shirt under my armor.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

You can machine wash armour

I have a Dainese Safety Jacket, and I throw it in the washing machine on the gentle/knits cycle and warm/cold water when it starts to stink ... always unzip the spine protector and zip up the chest zipper and buckle the shoulder clip ... have done this about 10 times, put ~50 days of riding on it, and the jacket still looks new and doesn't smell like a hockey bag.

That said, I usually wear a road bike jersey under the jacket unless it's super hot out.

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by watermoccasin
    I have a Dainese Safety Jacket, and I throw it in the washing machine on the gentle/knits cycle and warm/cold water when it starts to stink ... always unzip the spine protector and zip up the chest zipper and buckle the shoulder clip ... have done this about 10 times, put ~50 days of riding on it, and the jacket still looks new and doesn't smell like a hockey bag.

That said, I usually wear a road bike jersey under the jacket unless it's super hot out.
    I've got the Rockgardn and I just machine wash it in a knit bag. Throw all the pads in the knit bag (like a laundry bag made of some mesh material), knees, rockgardn, etc., toss in the washing machine (front loader, size small, at the laundromat), couple cups of detergent and it comes out smelling fresh and clean. Haven't had a problem with any rips/tears/etc, but have only been doing this since April.

So yeah, nothing under the armor...

Mar 2004
    I wear a small sleeveless jersey under my presure suit, which pretty much UnderArmor just cheaper. Also hose down your armor when it stinks and let it dry in the sun.

Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Old Spice nm

nm nm nm nm

Glad to Be Alive
    Nothing except my roomates Girlfriend's lipstick.....he he he

KOKOPELLI RACING

under armour heat gear

i wear under armour heat gear (short sleeve or sleeveless) under my fox air frame w/ nothing on top - i sort of look like a storm trooper - but i don't like doing free advertising and i can care less how i look plowing down a mountain.