wet shoes

Printable View

• 04-14-2010
    attaboy
    wet shoes
    Does it matter?

I have several creek crossings in my usual out-and-back ride. I've been riding with KEEN commuter sandal/shoes and they are great for this purpose. I just trudge on through. Just purchased first pair of Pearl Izumi MTB IIs and love the increase in power transfer and they are significantly lighter. But, I'm no fan of taking them off before each crossing. Will I ruin them if I just treat them the same as my KEENs?
  • 04-14-2010
    Nubster
    My shoes get wet often when riding and it hasn't seemed to cause them any harm yet. Been using them almost a year now.
  • 04-14-2010
    attaboy
    creek crossing
    Oops, forgot to clarify; these are deep crossings that require me to hike-a-bike across with feet fully submerged.
  • 04-14-2010
    popsicleian
    I get my MTB shoes soaking wet commuting all the time and it's never been a problem. They stink when they're wet, but I dont think it really affects performance or durability. I've had mine for about 2.5 yrs.
  • 04-14-2010
    rkj__
    Sweat is probably more harmful to the shoe than water is.
  • 04-14-2010
    nachomc
    They're mountain bike shoes. I'm pretty sure the designers expected them to get wet and dirty.
  • 04-14-2010
    sean salach
    Totally fine. I've been in above the waist with nearly every pair of mtb shoes I've ever owned, and none have been adversely affected by it.
  • 04-14-2010
    Ricko
    When I get mine soaked, I like to dry them out as quickly as possable otherwise they get really stinko. Best is baking them in the hot sun, otherwise a warm/dry place in your house and stuff them with newspaper, and change the newspaper evey few hours as it gets pretty wet.
  • 04-14-2010
    Andrea138
    Get some of these to put in your shoes when you aren't riding: http://www.stuffitts.com/

They'll dry your shoes out overnight and make them smell nice.
  • 04-14-2010
    ae111black
    I like to dry my shoes on my dashboard of my truck it works great! rainy or sunny day!!
  • 04-14-2010
    sean salach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea138
    Get some of these to put in your shoes when you aren't riding: http://www.stuffitts.com/

They'll dry your shoes out overnight and make them smell nice.

Interesting idea, annoying website. I apparently need to watch one of a dozen or so youtube videos if I want some product info...